Chapter 1

What do you think a girl wearing an all-black outfit and blue highlights on her dark hair would have to hide? A rebel maybe, you'd think. A past yes but a world of mythological characters? Not at all, you'd think. But my story was different.

As I headed down the stairs, I thought of what happened some moments ago.

'Mom, I am going and that's final.' I shouted behind me.

I was going on a cultural exchange program to Miami for two months but my mom and dad wouldn't agree. They thought it would be unsafe for me and I tried my best to convince them. They wouldn't listen. But I was going to go anyway. I had finished all my packing and was ready to leave. I took a quick glance around my house to see if there was anything I'd missed. My house always smelled like a bakery because my mother was always cooking something. My home had a traditional feel to it with the vintage wallpapers and chests and boxes of wood all around. I tried not to think of all this while I left. Mom and Dad shouted behind me but I went off anyway.

I got into the car with my friend Rachel, who was also accompanying me to Miami. My name is Alyssa and I'm 16. I didn't guess that this decision would change my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started crying as soon as I sat in the car. Rachel tried to calm me down but I wouldn't listen at all. I obviously didn't feel good shouting at my parents. But then again I thought that maybe they shouldn't be this over-protective. But what is done is done. There is no point crying over spilt milk. My thought train came to a stop when we reached the airport. I had stopped crying by then and got out of the car.

Rachel's dad, Mr. Chase helped us out with the bags and dropped us till the airport gate. He said goodbye and told us to take care. The check-in and security took us about an hour and after another hour we were leaving to Miami. It took us two and a half hours to reach Miami from Dallas.

I had been to New York once and never really travelled out of Dallas. I found the Miami airport pretty cool though because I haven't actually been to many airports. After all the airport stuff was done and we had collected our bags we went outside and found some dark haired guy holding a board with our names on it. He looked pretty bored and like he was almost about to doze off.

"Hi, I am Alyssa and this is Rachel." I said to him.

"So?" he asked.

I pointed to the board and he turned it around and read it. Then he gave us a smile and said "Oh sorry. My name is Andrew and I'll be your driver for the next two months. It is an hour's journey to Yule High International School so you better get comfortable."

He took our bags to a Toyota Corolla and stuffed our bags inside. And we started our ride to Yule.

Turns out Miami is pretty cooler from the outside as well. Miami seemed like the happening town with people roaming around giving no care of what's going on in the world and just having their own fun. I guess I was going to have a pretty good time around here. Again, did I guess how wrong I was? HAHAHAHA......NO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize when I dosed off and probably wasn't going to wake up if Rachel hadn't poured some water on me and said "WAKE UP! WE'RE HERE SLEEPING BEAUTY!"

"Ah! Sorry, how long was I out?" I asked.

"30 minutes. I have been trying to wake you for 5 minutes now. How does your mom wake you up dude?"

"The same way you do. Come on lets go."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first look at Yule was like imagining Hogwarts right in front of me. I wondered how anyone went around without getting lost in that school.

We went inside a massive door and found a girl with auburn hair waiting for us. Oh god she was beautiful. She had sea blue eyes and smile wrinkles around her eyes suggesting that she laughed a lot. And boy, did she have a shrill voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey!! My name is Abigail but you can call me Abby. That's what everyone calls me around here. Welcome to Yule High.