Chapter 14

Alyssa's P.O.V.

"Yeah well. I guess the Impotanic clan is not the only one angry." I said with malice in my voice that even I didn't recognize.

"What do you mean?" said Will after we reached his bedroom. I now understood  why the marine decor was spread around this house. Correction the castle. I was yet to find out how big this place was. With these long hallways, I guess I am sure to get lost pretty soon.

"I mean how could they do this? I have superpowers and they didn't even tell me." 

"It was for your own good."

One random memory surfaced. When I was nine I took part in a swimming competition. I won it because I crossed the 25 meter size swimming pool faster than everyone else. It took them a long time to reach me after I'd touched the boundary. I guess I never swam after that. Whenever I asked my parents they always said the same thing- It's for your own good.Sorry foster parents. But it was never my good was it? It was always the prophecy. Their fight. Their prophecy. Everything they hid from me for 16 years and suddenly put everything in front of me. What choice was I supposed to make? To trust my instincts or go after the discipline I was offered in the last 16 years. 

"Alyssa? Alyssa?Oh god, Earth to Alyssa."

"Yes, Will."

"Okay, I know you're angry but please listen to us. Give us a chance to explain."

"Will, how could you not tell me? I mean I know you just came into my life but the least you could've done was tell me the truth. And my parents. I mean, this is pathetic. Sixteen years , Sixteen fucking years they hid a whole other world from me. Never told me anything. There must have been someway I could've gotten to know. I mean how have I never seen this other life."

"You have, Alyssa. You always have seen this world. But they gave you potions. Potions to hide your memory. For you to have amnesia."

"What the hell? My memories were never, ever theirs to hide. How dare they? I'm gonna go talk to them, this is just not done. Its been too long since they hid all this from me. I want my memories back."

"All in good time, Ally. When you turn seventeen your memories will be back. The potion only lasts this much."

"I'm too tired now. Let me have a nap. We'll talk later."

But the Gods knew I never slept. Just tried to wrap my head around this whole matter the whole time.