Chapter 24

Will's Point of view:-

"Will, listen to me. We have to do a ceremony for Rachel." My mother said.

"No, no way. Mom, this is Rachel we're talking about. We can't have a ceremony for her. If we do and she gets her powers she will only work against Alyssa."

"Isn't that good for us. Look, Alyssa chose Machimos. She will learn how to fight there. We need a weapon against her or else we'll be doomed. Our only chance is Rachel. Once she turns tomorrow, we can train her, make her fight. Anyway, she will be against Alyssa. If she's on our side, it'll be better. Forgive her son. Make her think you like her. Show Eusebes that you are worthy of being king."

"Mom, what if Alyssa dies in the process? Who'll protect her? Mom, I love her. Does that not count at all? Is it just about Meropis?"

"Will, this is our only chance. There is not much we can do now. You have to train her. Make her feel that she belongs here. She has to fight against her."

"So it is always about what Eusebes requires? It is never about me is it? I always have to choose Eusebes above myself. Because, that is what you want isn't it? Fine, mother I'll do it. But I will do it on one condition."

"What is that?"

"After this, don't expect any kind of conversation with you. I am done with the both of you."

And I left her room banging the door.

-----------------------------------------

Alyssa's Point of View:-

We had reached our destination.

"The Palace of Impotane." Sebastian said.

It was as grand as the Palace of Solon. But that had an aura of peace, of satisfaction. And this, of hatred, of fight. That palace, was white and golden in color, this red and black. But it was beautiful. It had carvings all over it which were silver.

We went in. We entered a giant room which had entries to four wings.

"The first one to your right, that place has all the official places, courtrooms, offices etc. The second one has the armory. The one to your left has the rooms for royal people and guests. The second one, has rooms for servants and other meager people."

This place was definitely more organized than Eusebes. Maybe it was because of the discipline required in war. It was beautiful to see. Organization in Chaos. Hope in Bloodshed. Beauty behind the madness.

I do not know why it appealed to me. Maybe it was because my parents were from this chaotic place. Maybe because this was me.

But for now I wanted to see them. My parents. My real mother and father. King Vanora and Queen Scylla.

"Sebastian, this can take place later, I want to see my mother and father."

-------