Chapter 23

Will's P.O.V:-

She couldn't go there. I ran behind her to stop her. But she went off with Sebastian. I would recognize those hair anywhere. He was the one who took my first love away from me. I should've told Alyssa about Rachel. Of course I should have. But she had so much going on right now I decided I would tell her after it was all over. Sebastian must have had an óneiro with her. The dream video message thing. I should've realized that he would try that. I should've protected her. I could have done a lot of things that I should've to prevent her from leaving Machimos. I knew Sebastian, he was the king's adopted merman. The king had given him Vivliodétis when he was 10 and brought him to Meropis. And now he had done the same with Rachel. She should have never come here in the first place. There was nothing I could do. Except for talk to her and keep her away from the fight before she became the doom of us all and more importantly, Alyssa.

----------------------------

Rachel's P.O.V:-

I couldn't forgive her. She could have just stayed out of it. My rage felt uncontrollable. I wanted to harm her. I wanted to take part in the war. I turned 17 the next day. I would have my powers tomorrow. And then leaving this place-impossible. There had to be some way to cure the Vivliodétis. My head was paining thinking about all this.

And then, someone knocked the door to my room. Will.

"Rachel, how dare you come here? It's all because of you that she left for Machimos. If you wouldn't have come my Alyssa would still be here."

"Oh, so it's my fault now. Wait a minute, she came to Miami when her parents asked her not to. She defied the rules and regulation. She shouted at the king and queen. She was the reason this war started in the first place. Don't you see it Will, she has taken after her parents. She chose her instincts more than what your parents thought her. She always has. When she was leaving for Miami, when she took surfboarding even when her parents asked her not to swim or go near the sea. And now, she left you for him. Sebastian. Why because they have the same thing in them. Lust for blood. Lust for war."

"No, no, it just can't be. She can't leave me too."

"News flash, Will. She already has."

He looked at me straight in the eye. His eyes were filled with fear. Then he left and I shut the door to my room and waited for sleep to take over but it never did.

-------------------

Alyssa's P.O.V:-

Machimos. The land of war. Apt name I would say. As I sat with Sebastian on his sea-horse I saw that everywhere there was a forge of Cyclopes, one-eyed giants. They were working faster and faster. It looked like they were preparing for war.

I thought I should ask Sebastian about it but I felt so depressed that my thought process was not working. Will, I never would've guessed that he could've done something like this. I didn't think he would hide things so big from me. Sebastian was right. He just used me. To get over Rachel. I thought she was my childhood friend. I thought I knew her. So many people lied to me. My parents, Rachel, Will everyone. Why did they do all this? Did they think I couldn't handle it? That I was too weak to know about all this? How could they? Now I will show them that I am strong enough to handle everything. I will take Machimos as my haven. I will learn how to fight and how to control my powers. I will show them that I am strong. Strong enough to uncover the truth from their lies.

------------------------

Sebastian's P.O.V:-

I watched her throughout the ride. I explained how things worked at Machimos. Just like the king had done for me some years ago. But she rarely paid attention. She was so lost in her own world. I liked that about her. She thought of things and expressions changed. Sometimes she looked sad, other times in despair and later determined. As if she had taken a decision and no one could change that. She had the king's eyes and the queen's beauty. Her hazel eyes took in everything but also worked at something that posed a question in her mind. I didn't think I would ever fall in love. But if it was her I wouldn't mind.

--------------------