Chapter 21

Kenya

"Tell me the truth Kenya. Are people talking about you"

Kenya sighed and continued writing a poem she was working on "Nope"

"I know your not going to tell me cause your being difficult but whenever you feel like you need someone to talk to remember you always have me and your dad. And I'm always here for you"

"I know ma. I'm fine"

Grace sighed knowing her daughter was lying straight through her teeth. She couldn't do anything though.

"Babe your heaven sent. Don't let haters get to you"

Kenya got frustrated and stomped up to her room. Grace sipped her tea and wiped the single tear that went down her cheek. She didn't want her daughter going through this. What mom would? That's her baby.

My eyes shop open. I looked around noticing I was at work. I fell asleep for 5 minutes all to be waken. I looked over seeing one of my patients sleeping. I sighed and rubbed my hand through my hair as I got up. I grabbed my phone checking the time. 7:00. Time to get home.

Before going I made sure Nancy had everything she needed. I called in for another person since my shift was over. After that I got my stuff and left out the building. I'm so tired, I just wanna get in bed. I'm off tomorrow so I'm glad.

It was dark out so I quickly got inside my car locking the doors. I let my car warm for about five minutes, then pulled off.

Next day

So today is the day I'm supposed to be going to lunch to see this long lost sister of mines. I don't know how this is going to turn out. I'm very nervous and just keep on asking myself is it worth it? This could be life changing. I just still can't believe it. King should be in here in a few minutes. I'm glad he's coming with me because God knows I can't do this myself. Once grabbing my purse I then heard his car horn.

"Hey king" I said once I got in

"wassup, you good?"

I put my seat belt on and nodded "Im good"

I lied. I'm not good. I'm shaking badly because I don't know what I'm going to get out of this. Closure sure isn't it because this is something confusing and weird.

"never in my 18 years of life did I ever think I would have to go through something like this"

I looked over at him seeing him lick his lips and nod.

"There has to be more to this..."

"Yeah" he said again

I shook the thought off for a little bit. Twenty minutes later we were at the restaurant. I got out and grabbed onto kings hand and we went inside.

"She's eleven years old" I mumbled to King

"Foreal?" He said looking forward

"Yeah and that makes me 10x more nervous"

"You gone be good. Relax Kenya"