Chapter 5

Word count~ 1,519

Alex's POV

I run out of the bathroom after the confrontation with Jack, fighting back tears when I hear my name being called. I turn around to see Zack and Stephanie walking towards me.

"Hey Alex. Are you okay?" Zack asked.

 "Hey dude. I'm fine. I just don't feel too hot." I say as I scratch my neck awkwardly. Stephanie looks at me curiously.

 "You have blood on your arm. Are you sure you're okay?"  She asks as she looks at me intently. I look down and see blood staining the sleeve of my sweatshirt.  

"Shit man. I didn't see that. Yeah I'm fine. I guess I just scratched myself or something. I've got to go. I'll see you guys later." I say quickly before sending them a smile.

I walk out of the school quickly, heading straight for my car. As soon as I sit down I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I rest my head in my hands, trying to gain my composure. My attention is grabbed when someone knocks on my window. I look up and my breath catches in my throat. 

Ethan Black. Ronnie's best friend is standing at my car window with a smirk plastered on his face. I decided I should probably roll down my window before he get impatient and breaks it. 

"H-hi Ethan" I stutter out.

"Hey Gaskarth, I decided I'd be nice for once and warn you to watch your back these next couple of days. Ronnie's on a rampage, just look out" He said calmly, still sporting his signature smirk. I nod my head quickly as he walks away.

I roll up my window and take a deep breath and decide I should turn on some music while I calm myself down. Adams song from Blink-182 plays through my car speakers. I smile to myself, this is one of my favorite songs. 

After a miniature jam session to Blink, I decide it's time to head back to class so the day can hurry up and finish.

Jack's POV

I haven't seen Alex since this morning in the bathroom. I'm really worried about him and I don't know why. When the bell finally rings for lunch, I run straight towards the cafeteria, scanning the room for Alex. After a couple minutes, I come to the conclusion that he isn't in here. I decided to go and ask his friends if they know where he is.

When I get over to their table, a blonde girl averts her attention to me.

"Uh, hi I'm one of Alex's friends. Do you guys know where he is?" I ask awkwardly, causing them  all to shake their heads accept for a guy down at the end that is seriously ripped. 

 "I saw him this morning running out of the school. He looked like he had just gotten beaten up and he had blood dripping down his arm." He said nonchalantly. Did I grab him hard enough to make him bleed? I don't think I did.  A petite brunette spoke up. 

"You're the Jack kid that followed Alex out of here yesterday aren't you?" She asked accusingly. I nod my head. 

 "Yeah, I am" She gave me an odd look before turning back and started talking to the blonde girl again.

If Alex isn't in music this afternoon I guess I'l have to talk to his friend's again.

Tay's POV 

When that Jack kid came over here looking for Alex I knew something was up. As Jenna and I are walking to our next class I stop her.

 "Jen?" I ask as I grab her arm.