Chapter 2

Word count~ 1,765

Jack's POV

         Chase decided to walk with me to Math class. When we walk in the room, Chase runs over to someone who I'm assuming is his friend. 

   I walk over to the teacher to introduce myself, 

   " Uh, hi, I'm new, my names Jack Barakat"  I say while playing with my fingers. The teacher turns around and shakes me hand. 

  "Nice to meet you Mr. Barakat. I'm Mr. Biersack, you can take a seat wherever you would like." He said while motioning towards the back of the class. I nod in response as I turn the other way. 

  I scanned the room for Chase. When I saw him, he was waving me over. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked over to the group of desks he was in and sat down. 

    About 2 minuets after I sat down the boy from this morning walked in and stood by the doorway, scanning the class. He spotted a girl in the back corner before walking over and sitting down next to her.  

   Moments later, two other guys show up, and they're all talking to the one guy. It's obvious that whatever they're talking about, they're concerned about something.

  Next thing I know Chase walks over to the boy and grabs him up by the back of his shirt, turned him around and grabbed his neck, and slammed him against the wall, shouting insults at his squirming figure. 

"You stupid piece of shit. I thought you would've killed yourself this summer, but I sadly I was wrong. It seems as if this year is going to be hell for you."

  One of the guys that was friends with the boy walked over to Chase. 

  " Chase, put Alex down. He can't breathe."  The short Mexican said. Chase smirked.

  "And why would I do that Vic?" Chase asked sarcastically before hitting Alex in the face and dropping him to the floor. 

   Chase shot them one last smirk before turning and heading back my way.  Vic I think his name is,  dropped to the ground to make sure Alex was okay, I hope he is.

Alex's POV

   I was walking to my second class,  just thinking about what had happened this morning.

    I guess my first class was okay. I had Zack, Kellin, Tay, and Alysha in there. But Jacob, one of the jocks who hate's my entire existence is also in there. I'm surprised I haven't had a run with the leader of the douche squad, Chase. He is the one who has the biggest issue with me. 

   I walk into my second class I stand in the doorway scanning the room.  I see the skunk haired guy I saw this morning. He caught my eye, causing me to look away quickly.  I finished scanning the room and saw Jenna sitting in the corner.  I walk over to where Jenna is and plop myself into the seat next to her's, gaining her attention from whatever she was doing on her phone.

  "Alex!! It's been too long dude, how was your summer?" She asked with her accent still as thick as ever. 

 "It was alright Jen, just not ready for it to end" I said while chuckling. She nods,

"Yeah I know what you mean. Look, I think Vic and Kellin are in here this class too. This is gonna be awesome!" She exclaimed as she motioned for the two to come over to us.

   Vic catches Jenna's eye and starts to pull Kellin by his hand over to us. Vic and Kellin have been dating since freshman year when Vic asked him to the Valentines day dance. They're an unusual couple, but definitely a cute one.