Chapter 7

Word count~ 1,677

   Alex's POV

    After the incident this morning in the bathroom with Ronnie, I have been able to keep my head down and avoid everyone. Hell, I was even able to avoid Chase and I have 3 classes with him.

I've tried my best to keep my mind off of what happened because if my mind even dares to stray there I will start crying. The first part of my classes today have been decent and now I'm at lunch, listening in on peoples conversations. I look up and realize that Tay has been staring a hole through my head. 

"Take a picture, it last's longer" I tell her. She chuckled.

"Alex, I've been staring at you for 15 minutes trying to figure out why that new kid came looking for you yesterday" I furrow my eyebrows. 

"What new kid?" I asked. She looked at me like I'm stupid. I mean I can be but I am genuinely confused. 

"Jack? the one that followed you out of here last Wednesday, and the one who came looking for you yesterday when you weren't here and then the one who sat next to you in music yesterday?"

"He came looking for me?" She just laughs. 

"Yes Alex, he wanted to know where you were." She said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh." I was about to say something but Tay cut me off. 

"Does he like you, or do you like him?" I feel my face heat up  

"What? Me having a crush? On Jack? No, we are just friends." I say quickly.

She and Jenna share a look before bursting out with laughter.

 "You're such a liar Alex." Jenna said. By this point both girls are laughing so hard that they're crying. They randomly stop laughing, causing em to look up to see if they had died or something. 

Their eyes are wide and I am about to ask them what is wrong when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Alex, I hope you're enjoying your lunch, and I really hope you keep up your end of the deal. It would be a shame if I ended up having to kill the sweet little whore you are." He whispered in my ear as I nod frantically. 

"Good job Alex, remember. You're my whore, and only mine." He practically growled before standing up straight and clearing his throat.

"I hope I didn't interrupt you lunch, enjoy the rest of your day" He says to our entire group before walking away with his signature smirk plastered on his face. 

" A-Alex.. Are you okay..?" Tay asks. I just nod my head slowly. 

"What, what did he say to you?" she asks cautiously. I shake my head no as I grab my bag, and walk out of the cafeteria. Tay is the only one who knew what happened with him last year.

She found out at a party one night, I got shitfaced drunk and started crying about how I don't want it to happen anymore.

By the time I walk out of the cafeteria I decided I would just go on and walk to my class early, and try to focus on hanging out with Jack after school today.

Jack's POV

Music went really well today, Alex talked a little bit which made me really happy. He is still giving me a ride home and is hanging out with me tonight. I'm so excited. The bell finally rang and I waited for Alex to pack up. He looked up at me confused. 

"Why are you waiting on me?" I give him a look. 

"You're my ride home, and then we were going to hang out remember?" Alex rolls his eyes.