Chapter 17

Word count~ 2,233

Jack's POV

Thing's have been... odd since Lex and I got back together. He's been, I don't know, distant? He never want's to hang out, he won't look at me in class. But he will text me most times, I feel like something happened when we got back together, or while we were broken up. Everyday after school I ask if he want's to hang out, he say's he want's to but he has to do other things, and he won't tell me what it is, but I call Emily after school, and she tells me that he is asleep in his room. I've had her check on him a couple times but his door is always locked. 

I don't think he's cheating on me, he would never do that especially with the way things were outted about him and Ronnie. That's another thing. He hasn't said anything to me about that, about why I didn't freak out on him for "Cheating on me". But that's not my point right now. It has been 2 week's without hanging out with him, I'm going to go over to his house and see what is actually going on.

I waited about an hour after school to call Emily to check on Alex.

Hello?

Hey Em, it's Jack, can you do me a favor and check on Alex please? He didn't look too hot today in class.

Hey Jack, yeah, but last time I checked, he was in his room with the door shut. But yeah, give me a second,

Okay, thank you,

Mhm,

(Alex, are you in there? "What do you want Emily, I told you not to bother me when you got home.") I heard Alex open his bedroom door.

(I'm sorry, bu- wait, what is that on your neck? " I don't know what you're talking about Emily,") It sounded like something fell on the other end of the phone. (What the heck was that Alex, do you have someone over? "W-What? No, no I don't have anyone over, leave me alone Emily." Alex, wait!) and then I heard his door slam. Damnit!

Sorry Jack, he doesn't want to talk, but it seems like he has someone over.

Okay, wait, you said that there was something on his neck? What did it look like?

Oh, I don't know, I guess like 3 bruises? I don't know how to explain them.

Oh, okay, thanks Em. I uh, I'll see you guys later then..

Okay, bye Jack

Bye

What does he have on his neck? It wouldn't be hickeys, could it? I mean he doesn't even want us to touch each other. I'm gonna go over there. I want to know what he's hiding. I show up at Alex's house 5 minutes later and walk up to the door. Emily answers. 

"Jack? What are you doing here? Did Alex invite you over?" I put my finger over my lips telling her to be quiet. 

"Alex doesn't know I'm over, if he doesn't find out I'm here, don't tell him I was okay? I have to... do something. Okay?" She just nods and opens the door enough for me to come inside. I stalk up the stairs as quietly as I can and put my war against Alex's door.

"How much longer does this have to keep going on? What you're doing is fucking black mail. It's not okay." I hear Alex express angrily. Who is he talking to? 

"You brought this on yourself Gaskarth, you don't want the school to see that video of you? You do this for me, and we won't ever have an issue." I heard another guy say. I know that voice. I just can't pinpoint it.