Chapter 15

Word count~ 2,358

Alex's POV

I woke up the following morning with a killer headache. It took a second for me to realize why I felt like that. Everything from the day before came rushing back to me, the images of people laughing at the video of me and Jack,  Jack breaking up with me, and everyone knowing about me and Ronnie. 

I feel the tears pool in the corners of my eyes as  I release a sob just thinking about how I will never be able to go back to that school. I'll never get Jack back. I release another strangled sob trying to be quiet, not knowing who was home or what time it was. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and I scream, not knowing anyone was in my room. 

"Shhh, it's okay Alex, its Tay. I'm not going to hurt you. Calm down, it's okay." I hear Tay coo in my ear. My emotions unraveled and I grabbed on to her and sobbed hard, not caring who heard me. I feel like there is a hole in my chest, how could Jack think I had something to do with this? 

"How could Jack think I had something to do with that. He thinks I cheated on him with Ronnie, I-I will never be able to show my face at that school again Tay! H-he hates me! Everyone thinks I'm a joke." I sobbed out.

"Calm down, it's okay. You'll be okay. It'll blow over. I promise. They will forget about it soon. Everything will work out." She said calmly.

I sat in Tay's arms for a while longer before I thought that I needed to check my phone. 

"T-Tay, can I have my phone please?" I ask in a raspy voice. She gave me a concerned look but nodded.

When I got my phone I have many missed calls and missed messages.

Missed call: Jack) X5

Missed call: Kellin

Missed call: Vic X3

Missed call: Zack X2

Missed call:Lyshaa

Message from:Jack

Message from:Jack

Message from:Jack

I sighed. I checked the time on my phone, 7:42 pm,  I missed school today, did Tay go? 

"Tay, did you go to school today?" She shook her head. 

"No, neither did Jenna. We stayed the night last night but I had to take her home a couple hours ago." I just nodded my head.

 "Thank you," I tell Tay in a small voice. 

"Why are you thanking me Alex?" She asks, seeming really confused. 

"For caring enough about me to stay here with me and not believe what Chase said about me." I tell her while crying.

"Alex, I would never not be there for you, you are like my brother. I promise I will stick with you through this okay?" I just nod my head and wrap her in a tight hug, 

"C-can't breathe" she gasped out. I just chuckled and let her go. 

"Let's get some sleep. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be very tiring." I sigh. 

"You can't stay with me all day Tay. I just hope nothing happens" I say quietly. She just nods, 

"Come on, lay back down. I promise things will work out eventually." I just nod and lay down. 

"Goodnight Tay." I say as she snuggles down next to me. 

"Goodnight Alex."

The following morning was a blur. I got up showered, Tay showered, and we left on time. When we pulled up to the school I was shaking, and felt the tears behind my eyes.