Chapter 3

Word count~ 960

Alex's POV

    After that disaster in the cafeteria I decided I would go home because my nose wouldn't stop bleeding, and it's only the first day so the teachers will only be going over the syllabus. 

    On my way out of the school Tay saw me and ran over 

   "Alex are you okay? You ran out and I came after you but I couldn't go in the guys bathroom,"  She said quickly. 

"Yeah Tay I'm fine, I just wanna go home, my nose won't stop bleeding," I say as I hold my gym shirt to my nose. 

  "Alright well call me if you need anything okay? We all love you" She says as she wraps me in a hug. 

 "Yeah, will do, love you guys too, peace" 

  "Bye Alex"

Since it was only about 1 decided I would go pick up Emily and we could go and grab some lunch.

   I walk into Em's school and into the office 

   "Excuse me ma'am, I'm here to get Emily Gaskarth?" I said politely. She nodded.

   "Alright Hun, give me a moment." About 30 seconds later her voice filled the halls. 

   "Emily Gaskarth please report to the front office, Emily Gaskarth please report to the front office."

   "She should be up here in about 3 minutes if you want to wait in the hall," She said as she continues rifling through the paper work on her desk.

 "Alright, thank you ma'am, have a nice day" 

  "You too sweetheart"

   I see Emily walking down the hall staring at me and when she got close enough to see my bruise she ran over to me and bombarded me with questions 

  "Oh my god Alex are you okay!! What happened? When did this happen? Who did this? Why are you taking me out of school?" She asked rapidly. I laugh at her,

  " Calm down Em, I'm fine, just people at school, it happened during lunch, and I'm taking you out because it's the first day and I know you hate school food and my lunch ended up all over me so let's go. I said quickly as I ushered her out of the school. 

  "So where do you wanna go for lunch?" I ask her as I pull out of the parking lot.

  "Can we get Chinese please, please, please?" She begged as I roll my eyes,

   "Yeah I guess, but we are getting take out, I am not going into a restaurant with a bruised face and a bleeding nose." I state firmly as she nods.

   After lunch, we head home and by no surprise neither parent is home. As we get inside Em takes her bag upstairs to her room and tells me thank you. I decide to go upstairs after I realized how tired and nasty I feel.

    I get upstairs and in my bathroom, I peel off my clothes that conveniently still had food on them from the disaster at lunch, I get in the shower and let the water run over me. My thoughts are running rampant about everything that happened today. As I get out, I made a decision that I'll end up regretting, but it's what I need at this very moment. 

   I wrap my arm, already feeling the guilt swallow me whole. I shake it off and walk back into my bedroom, throwing on a pair of gray sweatpants and blink hoodie. 

    It was about 8:30 when Emily came into my room wanting dinner 

   "Alex can you make me something for dinner please." She asks as she messes with the hem of her top. 

   "Yeah, what do you want?" I ask her as I stand up from my bed, cracking my back in the process. 

    "Can you make me some Mac n cheese?" I nod my head

   "Yeah, I'll tell to you when it's ready" I smile at her as I grab my phone on my way down stairs.

    In the middle of me making mac n cheese I get a phone call, I was too lazy to check the caller I.D so I just answered.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Alex. It's Tay, Jenna and Kellin, we wanted to know how you are after today?" I sighed 

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired and sore, and really not looking forward to tomorrow" I said quietly, 

"Yeah, well you'll have all of us with you tomorrow. Oh and before you go, we have a question." She said a little teasingly.

 "Yeah, what's up?" I ask as I continue to stir the pot.

"Who's the new kid that followed you into the bathroom after the cafeteria disaster?" She asked, you could practically hear the smirk in her voice. 

I blush just thinking about him

"Oh his name is Jack he's new, he's friends with the douche squad, so no one too important, why?" I ask her, confused. 

"Oh uhm, no reason" She said dismissively.  After Tay said that I heard someone giggling.

 "Tay, why are you giggling, what happened?"

"Do you have a crush Alex?" She asked as Jenna laughed in the background.  I stopped stirring and blushed furiously

"What?! Me? On Jack ? No, he's just a guy who is in some of my classes. I don't do crushes. You all know this, but anyways, I have to go now. Bye!" I say as I hung up quickly. I shake my head to rid any thoughts of the previous conversation.

" Emily! Your dinner is ready!" I shout as I set the bowl of Macaroni on the counter.   

"Thanks Alex"

"No problem. I'm gonna go to bed, I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight" I say as I walk up the stairs and back into my bedroom. 

As I lay in bed, I can't help but let myself be anxious for the following day.