Chapter 12

L.A With My Buddies

~~~

A couple weeks later..

"Hey, Tobin. Look, I'm sorry about what happened. Hope and I are going to L.A for the weekend wanna join," asked Ashlyn over the phone. Tobin was quiet, she didn't want to talk.  A strong silence grew on the line.

"Tobin, you can't let a girl take your happiness away. She's missing out on a lot," said Hope, breaking the silence. "Okay, let me pack up." She walked down the hallway, thinking about her.

She packed up her clothes and took headphones and other small necessities she would need, including her long board. "Let's go," howled Hope as Tobin locked the apartment door.

"Tobin, how could you drink at 10 in the morning that's nasty," joked Ashlyn driving Tobin's car. "I dunno," she shrugged chuckling. They both looked back and saw that Hope had crashed in the back seat. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking," whispered the blonde girl pulling over at a gas station.

The idea grew a big smile on both girls' faces. Tobin walked into the store and was greeted by the employee. She walked down the little aisle with her hands stuffed in my pockets. She reached for the shaving cream and walked to the cashier. "One second," she said as I got 3 little bags of chocolate chip cookies.

"Road trip huh," smiled the nice lady trying to make conversation while scanning the stuff. "Yep, we're going to L.A for the weekend," replied the teenager with a kind smile as the employee handed her the bag.

She walked to the car and quietly opened the door as Ashlyn was still putting in the gas. Tobin looked at her through the window as Hope was still asleep. She looked through the compartment. "Found it," whispered the older girl, holding the feather up.

"Did you pull that off of my dream catcher?"

"Sorry kid," shrugged Ash with a chuckle. She put some shaving cream on Hope's hand, it looked like a little hill of snow. She softly rubbed the blue colored feather along Hope's cheek. 

SMACK

Tobin held her stomach and laughed high fiving Hope. "Can't prank me dude," pointed out Hope laughing. Ashlyn wiped the shaving cream off her cheek, biting her tongue.  "You two are so dead." It took a short time to get to L.A.

"Let's get some breakfast. I'm starving," mumbled Hope holding her grumbling stomach. They stopped in front of a taco place and ordered 5 bacon and egg tacos.

After breakfast, they went to the hotel and crashed while Hope went out. Tobin and Ashlyn woke up from their two-hour nap. Tobin swiped trough her phone and saw a picture Alex posted. It was a picture of her under Vincent's arm both of them laughing with ice cream cones in their hands. She seemed so happy and that hurt truly hurt Tobin. He seemed to make her happier.

They then met Hope outside and drove to the beach, parking in front of Hollister. The three girls put on their shades on and walked in. They browsed around, looking at leather jackets and tank tops.

As they were looking at the hats, three girls walked in and they couldn't keep their eyes off of them. It didn't bother Tobin, she liked the attention. But Ashlyn had Ali and Hope had Kelley so they ignored it. One girl, the cutest one according to Tobin, couldn't take her eyes off of her.

She looked familiar. She giggled as Tobin walked past her and winked at her. After paying, they walked to the car. She suddenly remembered who that girl was and turned back to the store. "Be right back."