Chapter 16

Hanging Out

~~~

Tobin woke up and immediately felt Alex's hot breath on her neck. "You're so perfect," she whispered in her ear. The forward let out a smirk and slowly opened her eyes.

"Morning Toby," she sighed, resting her head on Tobin's chest. Before getting up, Tobin kissed Alex on her forehead.

She took a shower and changed into a batman shirt with black vans, blue ripped jeans, a snapback that matches, and a pair of shades. After changing she grabbed her keys and headed out the door.

"Where do you think you're going," asked Alex in a sports bra and Nike shorts. "I'm gonna get us some breakfast."

She kissed Alex on her cheek and went down the stairs to her Challenger. Then, her phone buzzed.

Meet Ashlyn and me at my house. 3:00 sharp.

Alright. Do I need to take anything?

Yeah. Just bring some drinks.

Okay, I'll be there.

She drove to the nearest coffee shop. "Yo, so what can I get for you, Batman," joked the teenager behind the counter. "Kid shut the fu- oh sorry I thought you were someone else," she laughed.

She ordered some muffins with coffee for her and Alex, to start the morning off right. "Thanks, Joshua, I'll see you later." She waved before exiting the shop and heading back to her apartment.

"Hey, Toby," smiled Alex kissing me. "Hey, Lex, I got us breakfast," she replied, placing the muffin-filled bags on the table. Then, she went to her room and got her laptop from my counter.

"So I've been thinking," she started. Alex gulped down the bite of the muffin before saying, "What's up?"

"Do you think I should get a house?"

Alex thought about the question, before answering, "I think you should. It's better than an apartment."

"Yeah, it is," hummed the midfielder, scrolling through the page on her laptop. She looked at a variety houses from beautiful mansions to small suburban houses.

After searching for hours, she finally found one. "How about this one?" She took a sip from her coffee, looking at Alex. "It looks nice," shrugged the taller girl. "Yeah, it's nice on the outside and inside, it's big, and it has a garage for my cars. And it's being sold for only 20,000."

"It looks like it needs a little fixing," added Alex, standing up to turn the TV on. "I'll take care of that.

She dropped Alex off at the mall where she planned to meet up with Kelley and Ali before heading over to Hope's.

She knocked on the door. Seconds later, the tall, blonde friend opened it. "Sup," she nodded giving her a bro-hug before letting her in.

She walked into the house and sat on the couch. "What's up?"

Tobin left the alcohol on the coffee table before sitting back on Hope's sofa. "There's this dude, I'm guessing he's one of Vincent's friends, messaging Kelley," said Hope pouring the strong alcohol into an ice-filled glass cup.

"Alright, why don't we just beat him up," asked Ashlyn, slouching next to Tobin. "That's what we're gonna do," responded Hope shaking her glass.

Tobin grinned, rubbing her hands together. Hope, took a swig of her drink before standing back up. "Just one problem," she mumbled, "what are we gonna tell the girls?"