16/You not ready

WARNING: Again, offensive language, hope you enjoy.

Larry

Every time I see Mai she not let us be alone together. I ask Mia for advice.  "Why did you chose to marry Mai? You have never been faithful even when you were dating so why ask to marry her?" I started to answer but she stopped me. "Think about your answer, then imagine some guy habitually cheated on your daughter with numerous women, would you want her to take that guy back? Would you let him marry her?" No! I felt my heart squeeze at the realization.
I asked Mai to marry me because I want us to grow old together. I could see us with children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. Family vacations and holidays with her by my side, and waking up to her beautiful face every day. I got used to waking up to her face on tour and missed it when she was away. The thought of living without those things was too much.  Things I did easily like dance or create new choreography became impossible even with my brother help. Then my brother take us back to the beginning. I try to spend time with my crew and it help me dance more but my heart stay heavy. I need Mai.
Mai seem to be sharing Mia baby weight, her body is filling out at almost the same time as her sister, but her stomach stay flat. Mia laughed at me when she saw my reaction to Mai's fuller body. She was getting us babies dressed to visit her parents' grave.
She was wearing a dark blue dress with her straightened hair pulled into a ponytail. Her curves pressed hard against the fabric as she moved around. She looks so good.
Mia handed me a bottled water and pushed my chin up to close my mouth with a little giggle.
"Have you thought about our conversation?" She asked quietly as she handed my son to me. She picked up Lyra then started smoothing her hair into two puff balls. She quickly twisted her hair into four twist per puff and pinned the ends to the side of her head.
"Yeah." I answered still watching my wife fix Lyric's hair. Mai flat twisted Lyric's hair in the front, pulling the rest into a ponytail and fluff it out her curls.
"And?" She whispered making sure Lyra's hair was secure. She looked adorable.
"I love her, being without her is so painful." I answer then heard Mai give an angry sigh. I want Mai to be happy I only wish she would be happy with me.
Us pray at their parents' graves, eat dinner then Mia and Lau go back to the hotel. Mai and I kiss us babies then secure them in the car with her Abba.
"Mommy loves you, be good for Abba." Mai said softly trying not to cry. I realized this is the first time she would be away from us babies for more than a day and hug her as she waved while the car drove away. We turned to get in the car and hear gunfire from down the street. Draykov pulled me away and I yank Mai with me to the car as she started to run towards the sound.
"The babies are safe." I try to reassure  her as we hear something sounding like a cannon fire several times in the same area. "We should go." Draykov insisted pushing us into the car before we drove in the other direction. I see her frantically dialing a number then her phone rings.
"My babies..."
"Mai? Are you okay? Is Larry..." I could hear Mia yelling through the phone.
"No! Tell me, were my babies just killed?!" Mai cut her sister off. Mia growled before disconnecting the call.
"Drive faster, please." Mai said softly as tears rolled down her cheek. A few minutes later we were greeted by Matt and more security than I've seen in my life. They almost yanked us out the car and rushed us to the hotel room.
"Mia if anything happens to my babies! If they are anything but safe and unharmed, I will make both of your deaths slow and painful!" Mai yelled as soon as she walked in the room. Mia sat quietly glaring at us.
"Who do you think you are threatening?" Mia calmly stated as she stood up.
Mai screamed, "you and that bastard that adopted you!" I stepped in between trying to calm my wife as she moved on Mia.
"Where Lau?" I asked not seeing him around to help.
"Unharmed. Bedroom." She nodded the direction not taking her eyes off of Mai.
"Your babies were in the safest care ever created. They are riding in a fully armored and weaponized car. A nuclear assault couldn't breach that car's defenses." Mia crossed her arms in front of her glaring at her sister with a raised eyebrow. Mai sighed looking relieved then sunk down to the floor. Mia huffed indignantly, "My babies are unharmed too by the way."
"Mia I..." Mai looked up at Mia's hurt expression.
"Save it!" She hissed angrily walking in Laurent's direction slamming the door.
"We had to dodge a few bullets on the way to the hotel." Matt said from behind us. Mai's mouth dropped as I rushed to check my brother.
"Lau?" I knocked on the door then slowly opened it. First seeing Beast pacing like a caged animal then, I realized he was guarding Mia's resting form now curled up on the bed. He look unharmed but I can feel the rage coming from him.
"Papí, please calm down, you are stressing us out." Mia softly pleaded  from the bed.
"You need to talk?" I whispered to him.
"Go be with you wife." He commanded. I nod slowly and searched for Mai who was sitting silently in the living room. When I sat beside her she leaned on my shoulder.