14/Work Harder

WARNING: Offensive language. Hope you enjoy.

Laurent

I was on my way to get more clothes when I answered Mia's call, but she not speak to me. I listened as she talk then hear my brother. I mute the call and put it on speaker. I want to hug my brother when he say Mia replace him in my heart. I no believe he feel that way. Then I hear Mia say she could be beaten by my brother and I would check my brother before her, my heart hurt but she not lie.
I parked in the garage and rushed into my house but they no where.
Mai pointed me to the studio when I knock on her door. I rushed into the studio listening on the phone as Mia asked my brother how long he was going to sulk.
"Why you be nice?"
I walk through the studio until I reached the bedroom door and listened.
"I will tell you if you tell me why you thought I was taking your place?"
"No." Larry huffed. She is probably laughing to herself.
"Okay, well I'm out of here." Mia announced.
"No leave yet." He sounded near tears. I debated if I should walk in but decide to lean against the wall beside the door.
"Larry? What's wrong?" She almost sounded sympathetic.
"I fuck up." He sound like he crying. She sighed loudly.
"Yeah uh-huh, soooo when are your nuts actually going to drop? Maybe we can continue this conversation when they have?" Basically she asking how long is he going to be childish before he decides to man up. She must have cracked a smile because Larry huffed. "Need a straw?" To suck it up. She said in a playful but condescending voice. I smile at how she pulls off being lovingly bitchy.
"Fuck you!" He laughed.
"Only with your brother's di- " I heard a lot of thumping as she laughed. "Oops!" She giggled as the door flew open and she skipped towards the studio. I watched as Larry ran Mia down grabbing her shoulders. He paused when she cringed holding her stomach.
"You okay?" He asked genuinely concerned. I almost run to her to check on us baby but she nodded and turned to him. Her fingers making small circles over her stomach.
"Larry? Now that you're done moping, ready to talk to your brother?" She asked holding out her hand. He nodded and grabbed her hand but paused as she turned to walk back towards the bedroom. His face fell as I walked towards them then he looked at her.
"How long he listen?" He mumbled.
"I called him, so probably everything. No secrets, remember?" She whispered back loudly.
"Why you here?" He tried to sound angry but Mia groaned and pulled   his hand dragging him closer.
"He loves you and you're throwing tantrums, where else would he be?" She huffed still dragging him to me. Mia placed his hand in mine, then patted our shoulders before turning to leave.
"You still a bitch!" Larry said then he grabbed her hand and kissed it before she can get too far.
She laughed, "I know." She quickly skipped away from us.

Mia

While the babies are at the playground with the Draykovs and Manny, Larry and Laurent knocked on Mai's door. Laurent smiled and kissed me with so much emotion I almost forgot how to breathe. Apparently all was well with them again and he is grateful. Larry walked over to Mai and fell on his knees holding her waist.
"I make mistakes I should have tell you right away, I so sorry. I know I mess up bad, please forgive me. Please." He looked up into her eyes. She scoffed moving his hands and crossed her arms under her breasts. Larry continued, "I know I hurt you but I will work hard to earn you trust back."
"No." Mai softly but firmly glaring at him.
"Mai?" I was shocked by her callous answer.
"I've heard it before. I'm not buying it this time." She retrieved the divorce papers and handed them to him with a pen.
"Mai!" I yelled trying to make her stop and reconsider what she was doing.
"No, if it make her happy. I do it." Larry said solemnly taking the pen. He flipped through the documents.
"No! Uh-huh! Not happening!" I snatched the documents from him placing them on the table.
"Mia!" Mai yelled in frustration.
"No! If you are sure now, you will be sure later. So it can wait until after the ball." I reasoned, Larry sighed in relief and Mai sighed in frustration.
"Fine, but he needs to leave, now." She rolled her eyes at Larry then walked to her room locking the door.
"You can stay in the studio." Laurent offered. Larry nodded looking almost as depressed as he did when Mai didn't come home. Laurent helped his brother up, patted his shoulder, then followed him out the door. I assumed to get him settled in the studio.
"Mai?" I called. She walked out and started talking.
"The hell Mia!? I have had it! He will never change! He tries to screw anything that moves! I don't need him!" She rampaged as she started folding the triplet's clean clothes.
"Just think, is that what is best for the babies or just you?" I asked helping her.
"My babies are fine!" She screamed.
"Yes as soon as we are free, but in a few years when you've both moved on, maybe even remarried." We leave  Nicholas' room after putting his clothes away. "How will your babies handle your hostile relationship?" I turn to look in her eyes. "We had friends like that, remember? They said they felt like they had to take sides or they felt unbearably guilty for hurting one or the other. Is that what you want for your babies?" Mai thought about it then sighed. She knew I had a valid point. "At least try to be friends, for your babies." I kissed her cheek, "besides we need to lessen our stress where we can so try to be friendly." She nodded and hugged me then walked me to the door.