22/Haunted

A/N: Oh this chapter is also a mess, just go with it, it will make more sense later, I hope.😔

Laurent

My first thought was the voice on the phone had to be Mia but the message was sent while we drove to Italy after she was... I pushed the rest of that thought aside and picked a room, dropped my bag in the chair and fell into bed. Matt and Draykov only stayed long enough to make sure everything was secure then told us they be back in two days.
I try to sleep but Larry or Mai keep checking on me or bringing me food that I barely touched. After a few hours of laying, still wide awake, I gave up. I go to TV room and start flipping channels stopping on the news for some reason.
There was a fire in a Paris socialite's apartment and some poor girl died in her sleep.
Seeing the crowds of people weeping and holding each other while their homes burn pulled at my emotions. I no can escape this feeling of loss. I dropped my head in my hands while tears fell like heavy rain from my eyes.
So much pain, too much lose. I want to push it away but it wraps itself around me, suffocating me.
Mai gasped as I feel a chill entered the room, she gently removed the remote from beside me and increase the volume to hear the reporter.
"Neighbors say, Ms. Guillaume, the only confirmed death so far, was a sweet young lady with no family and are saddened by her passing."
The television turned off as I felt the weight of her beside me. She wrapped an arm around me but never spoke as she softly ran her hand up and down my back until I felt a little better. She handed me tissue and I wiped me face then turned to thank her only to realize I was alone.
I walked to the kitchen, grabbed some water then went for a walk outside. The air was much colder than earlier, too cold. My teeth chattered as I went back inside only to run into Larry.
"You both up too?" I asked.
"No, Mai finally cry herself to sleep. You ok? Want to talk?" He asked moving closer.
"No, I was thinking to stretch my legs, but it too cold." I said as I passed him heading back to my room.
Mia was sitting on my bed when I walked in but when I rush to hug her I fell awkwardly on the bed. I turned and she was smiling at me from the bathroom. I followed locking us in before I searched for her but again she was gone. I heard her call me from the shower but she no there when I check. My mind playing tricks. I too tired and probably need sleep.
After a long hot shower, I spent some time on my hair. Part of me want to go to Mia's villa but part of me know she no there.
I leave the shower and smell Mia, I see her on the bed but shook my head, Mia not here. I told myself over and over. It not work, I still see her smiling at me from the bed. I shake my head and quickly dress as a delicious smell made my stomach rumble.
I followed the smell to the kitchen. Fruit crepes, bacon, seasoned potatoes, pancakes, Belgium waffles, cheese eggs, croissants, sausage, juice, and coffee were set out on the table with a stack of plates on the side.
I loaded my plate, said a quick prayer and started eating. It not Larry's best work but it was still very good.
"Morning," Mai greeted me as she entered the kitchen. She paused to take in the amount of food on my plate and smiled.
"Morning Lau, hmm, looks good." Larry said kissing his wife on the cheek.
"Thanks for cooking, Laurent." She kissed my forehead. Larry seemed skeptical as he tasted the food but said nothing.
After breakfast while Mai put away the food and washed the dishes, Larry pull me aside.
"You get better at cooking." He praised me.
"I no cook." I stayed long enough for him to see I not lie then made my way back to my room. I pause outside the door taking a deep breath as Mia's scent hit me again.
I closed me eyes and opened the door. She not on my bed but her scent is. I laid facedown in my pillow and was about to close my eyes to finally get some sleep until Mai yelled for me to come here. I tiredly lumbered back to the TV room.
"What?" I huffed with half opened eyes leaning against the wall.
"Anne just told me Charlotte died last night."
"I know. I here when you see on TV early this morning." I yawned. She give Larry a concerned look then turn back to me.
"Laurent, I was in the room from about 10 until I came out for breakfast this morning. What time did you see me?"
"I no know, 3 or 4?" I grumbled at the stupid line of questioning. "You rub my back and after you turn up the tv."
For some reason this was funny to Larry, "Lau you sure you no dream this?"
"Why, how I dream a girl die when her apartment catch fire? Mai walk in gasp and turn up the tv. Then the tv say Charlotte die in a fire. Mai turn tv off and sit beside me for a little while then leave! My dreams no like that!" I too tired for them to try to make me sound crazy. I returned to the bed and try to fall asleep.
"Laurent?" I hear Mia's voice.
I know she no here. I see her lay there, cold, pale, not breathing... Now she haunt me? Why?
"What you want! I no care go away!" I said probably sounding harsher than I wanted but if she want to haunt me I no need to be nice.