Epilogue

"I love you Mia. I never stopped loving you, so please belle, no leave me again." Laurent pleaded.
Mia tried to form words but her heart was beating too fast all she could hear was a wooshing sound in her ears. She watched Laurent face inch closer and closer to hers but she still could form words. She felt weightless and her eyes blurred, suddenly she felt a stinging on her backside making her cry out.
"You still forget to breathe, Belle." Laurent's deep voice sounded clearly in her ear.
Mia leaned against his chest realizing he was holding her off the ground.
"I..." Mia's words died before leaving her mouth. She gazed at Laurent briefly wishing she could verbalize how happy she was that he still loved her, how much she missed him, or how safe she felt being back in his arms. She wanted to talk to him but all she could do was hold on to his shirt with all her strength when he sat her on her feet.
"Please..." Mia whimpered as Laurent stepped back.
"Come on." Laurent pulled her into the kitchen.
"You're stay for dinner." Laurent's mother asked Mia. "The family is coming over."
Laurent picked up his daughter and kissed her. Mia moved to pick up Alexandre but Laurent picked him too. He walked to the table and sat down talking to them. Mia folded the stroller and moved it out the kitchen.
Mia was greeted warmly by the rest of Laurent's family when they arrived. They all took turns holding the babies and complimenting their beauty.
Mai and Larry were the last to arrive. Lyric ran to Mia and hugged her leg.
"I missed you, Auntie Mama."
"Beautiful baby girl, I missed you too." Mia hugged her then set her back down. Lyra and Nicholas hugged Mia at the same time almost knocking her over. She hugged them then told them to go say hi to their cousins.
Mia stood up as her sister approached. Larry headed straight for his brother and Mia was right behind him.
She stopped when she saw Larry hug his brother.
"I'm sorry, my brother. I know you worry for me, think I was crazy." Laurent said holding his brother's head to his. Larry just nodded holding on to his brother's shirt. Mia left them alone. She turned around and ended face to face with her sister. Mia stilled waiting for her sister to attack her.
"Mia." Mai started but Mia was already looking for her babies. "I didn't handle things well, earlier. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry."
"It's fine Mai." Mia responded still looking for her babies.
"Mia, please look at me." Mai touched her sister's arm. Mia looked at her sister. "I love you baby girl, please forgive me."
"Your sweet angel seems hungry." Maman handed Isabelle to Mia.
"Thank you." Mia smiled at her mother-in-law. "Mai can you bring me Alec?"
Mia put a blanket over her shoulder and started feeding her daughter. Mai brought Alexandre to his mother. Larry and Laurent following her making faces of the baby the entire time. Mia was trying to burp her daughter when Mai asked to trade.
"You are so beautiful." Laurent said to Mia while she holding Alexandre. Mia smiled then looked at Larry.
"Can you give us a moment?" Mia spoke sweetly. Mai walked away carrying her niece and Larry followed.
"We're leaving after dinner, did you want to come with us?" Mia asked as she moved the blanket over her son's head to feed him. Laurent wrapped his arms around Mia.
"Why don't you come home?" Laurent asked.
"No baby stuff there." Mia smiled turning to look at him.
"Right, I work on that." Laurent kissed her forehead. "I come with you."
"Dinner!" Maman called.
"Go, save me some food." Mia said as she switched Alexandre to the other side.
"Baby girl, you want me to bring you a plate?" Mai asked.
"I haven't mastered feeding and eating yet. I'll be out soon. Where's my daughter?" Mia asked.
"With his father. He took her away from me as soon as he saw her." Mai laughed. "They are going to spoil her rotten, she's so cute." Mai smiled at her sister as she turned her back. "You ever going to forgive me?"
"Mai, I am sorry for what you went you through. I was so focused on fixing what was wrong between Laurent and I, I stayed by his side hoping he would forgive me. I didn't realize until the funeral what everyone thought. I tried to talk to you and after I thought you ignored me I started falling apart." Mia sighed as Alexandre started falling asleep.
"Look, I think they just cancel each other out. No need for forgiveness. We can be fine if you want, pickup like nothing happened. Okay?" Mia handed her son to her sister while she fixed her clothes.
"Just pick up where we left off?" Mai asked.
"If you want." Mia replied.
"I want." Mai answered hugging her sister.
"Awwww," Laurent gushed.
"Group hug." Larry rushed towards Mai and Mia and hugged them. Laurent joined in laughing.