Chapter 23

Mystery and Louis walk around in the shady neighborhood for a while before they find a nice patch of grass to sit down at. Their skateboards resting next to them. Louis sighs shakily and fiddles with his hands.

Mystery looks at him, "I'm ready when you are.." She assures, resting her hand gently on his thigh to comfort him, letting him know she's there for him and isn't there to judge him.

He gives her a shy smile. "I.. I'm supposed to take medication... Eat every few hours and drink water every hour of everyday... But... I don't eat as much as I should and that makes me very weak... I get dizzy and lightheaded, pale and I faint quite often.." He admits. "I see a therapist... I ran away from home.. To get away from someone who shattered my heart... Someone who's... They..." He begins to tear up. "They're my soul mate... But not all soul mates are meant to be.. If that makes any sense..." He shakes his head, "He needs help... I need help.. We need to be fixed and it's unhealthy for us to be together... I'm too broken and he's too unstable..." He admits. "I... I tried to kill him once... When I first met him.. I... I was playing him.. Toying with his emotions because he killed my father and sister... He didn't mean to.. But, I don't know... My friend brainwashed me or something... A lot of shit happened... A lot of deaths... A lot of drama... People trying to kill one another.. It's all so complicated.. I couldn't take it anymore, so I got up and left." He shrugs. "I'm honestly positive that h-he's forgotten about me.." Louis whispers, his heart aching at his words. "But.. I.. I haven't forgotten about him... I'll never forget about him... What started out to be just a game.. Ended up much more... More... I don't know... I couldn't help falling in love with him..." He whispers, wiping at his tears. "His eyes.. So beautiful... I know they are.. But I can't even remember the color of them to be honest... I just know that every time I looked into them, I'd fall deeper in love with him... It was like I was put under a spell when I was with him.. He made my world go round... His hand fit perfectly in mine.." Louis whispers, looking down at his hand. His hand feels empty without Harry's..

It's like he's incomplete.

"I've been through hell and back, repeatedly... It hurts to even try and force a smile anymore.." He admits.

Mystery looks at him sadly. "You don't need to continue... We can talk about your past sometime again.. I just.. I can see that this hurt you a lot. You're a very damaged boy, it would take a miracle to mend your wounds. But, I'm here. I'm here for you. I will be your life jacket that keeps you afloat in your darkest hours." She promises.

"Take my hand... I won't let you drown.."

-a/n sorry...