Chapter 28

Fuck. 

Is the only word that pops into Louis's mind at this point, because what the actual fuck? Why? Why is he here? Why now? Just as he was trying to get better. His past, of course, has to come back to haunt him. Louis feels his heart rate increasing as he looks up into those beautiful, deep green eyes. Eyes that he thought he'd never see in person. Ever. He doesn't understand. How... How could he even be here? At this exact store? At the same time as him. It's just a weird, freaky, coincident. Right? 

Louis's mind is swimming with questions as he looks over at the taller boy standing across the counter from him. He still can't even believe this. How is he supposed to react to something like this? Is he supposed to be happy? Angry..? Is he supposed to cry and collapse into the boys arms? He wants to. He so want's to feel Harry's large arms embrace him and never let him go. Never again does he ever want to part from Harry... But, this can't be happening. It shouldn't be happening. He needs to end this before it even starts. 

"Get out." Louis says in a firm tone, but his heart is aching and begging for Harry not to leave.

"Louis.." Harry breaths out, he still can't even believe he's standing in front of the boy with the beautiful bright blue eyes. Although, they're not as bright as they once were. 
"Are you deaf?" Louis asks, "I said get out."
"No. Fuck. Louis? What? No, I'm not leaving. What the hell? Where have you been? Everyone has been so worried about you. Why.. Why did you leave?" Harry asks, feeling his stomach churn, because... What the hell is even happening right now? He never thought he'd live to see the day... Where Louis is standing in front of him.. He looks awful.. But, he still looks so, so beautiful.

Louis is stunned by Harry's words. But, that doesn't make him drop his walls, "Where did I go? Here. Obviously. Why.. Are you kidding me? I need you to leave." He says, even though his voice is shaky and his bottom lip is quivering. 
Harry frowns, "I'm not going anywhere.. Unless you give me a damn good reason as to why you fell off the face of the earth!" He shouts, getting angry with how stubborn this boy is being. 

Louis flinches at Harry's tone, "TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!" Louis screams and feels tears brimming his eyes. "We can't be around each other. We're too... We're not good for each other, Harry." He whispers. That name... It sounds so strange and foreign rolling off of his tongue. "You and I are both very mentally unstable and I thought it'd be best... If we just.. Never see each other again. You even said it yourself, Harry. Don't you remember that? Because, I fucking do. It runs through my mind all the time. You told me you couldn't keep doing this. You broke up with me. You told me we couldn't even be friends." He states.
"As right as you are.. You haven't left my mind since the day you left..." Harry whispers.

"Oh, cut the shit Harry. I spent over two weeks sitting in that damn hospital to wait for you to wake up. I spent countless hours worrying and crying because I never thought you'd even wake up again. I told you how sorry I was.. But, no. Don't just come waltzing into my store. Begging for me to take you back, because fuck... 

You're the one who let me go..."