Amy: Chapter 4

Korr's eyes shot open, he started gasping breath. After a couple of seconds within the grip of death, Korr noticed his surroundings, A small apartment. "This is smaller than my apartment back home," he thought to himself. The events of what happened before he blacked out came rushing back. "Dusk Ritic" Korr whispered to himself. Trying to not alert his captors that he's awake. "Amy betrayed me, she tried to kill me," he thought to himself, his inner voice having a tone of anger. Korr starts to remember the moment everything went black, the quick pain in the back of his head. Korr had just realized the strangest fact so far, he felt no pain. In fact, he felt better than ever. Feeling the back of his head comes back with no blood, cut, stitches, or staples. "How long have I been out?" He Thought out loud. "Two days," said a voice in the hallway next to coach "the normal amount of time for first-time diers." Korr jumped off the couch he had spent his recovery time on. "show yourself!" Korr yelled as grabbed a candlestick off the coffee table In front of the couch. Amy emerged from the dark hallway "Korr, you going to have to listen to me." She quickly says seeing the fire in his eyes "I'm not going to harm you". "It's pretty obvious why I shouldn't trust you" he quickly responds "I mean, you did try to kill me" Amy stood there, thinking of a way to win him over. "Fine" she finally said, after a long silence "kill me if you wish.". "Nice try" Korr starts to say "but I know about that immortal shit you do". Korr realized what Amy was getting at "oh shit" he finally blurts out "now can you please put my candlestick down." Amy says Korr complies. "so" He starts to say "Who the fuck was that guy?" Amy looks over at him, sadness in her eyes. "well" she starts to say, "He's the guy leaving you those decaying bodies." Korr wanted to puke just thinking about it. "I think it's better if you know the truth Korr" Amy continues. "I met dusk a couple of years ago, he was as crazy has he is today." Amy look out her window "He gave me this ring, told me it belonged to an old friend." There was a moment of silence before Amy Continued "When I put in on, I was sent to a Darkroom" Korr knew what came next "some guy was standing before me"Paul" Korr quickly added "his name is Paul." Amy looked at Korr confused on why he said that "thanks." she responded. "Paul Explained to me how I had been chosen to be the next incarnation of death." Korr sat on the edge of his seat. "Paul gave me that 'machine dragon' bit and I awoke to dusk standing over me." She starts to laugh "I heard rumors a second person was being recruited, I honestly didn't believe it." Korr quickly asked, "what happened after that?" Amy gave Korr a confused look "the same thing you probably did with your mentor" Korr looked back in confusion. "I found my necklace" Korr sat back in his seat "you're the first powered person I met since I gained my abilities." Amy's eyes widened "Dusk said a mentor has to teach new recruits through their powers." Korr looked off in the distance, deep in thought "wait" he finally said, "if Dusk is a horseman, why did he try to kill me?" "Amy was about to answer when the question hit her "now that you mention it" she tries to wrap her head around the question, she failed. "I can't think of a single reason." There was a long silence before 'one reason' started playing. Amy pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Hello Amy," a voice says as the lines connect. "Get rid of the body yet?" Korr quietly sat down on the couch, Amy Turned white "No, I'm still working on it." She quickly responded, trying to keep her voice calm. "that shit must smell like a bitch." Dusk said, trying to make a joke. "Why did we have to kill him?" Amy asked "I mean, he was a horseman" Dusk's tone changed, anger took the place of humor. "He was a danger to the plan." He replied, "if he lived he would find out the truth". Amy stayed silent for a moment before she finally spoke again. "But....." "GOD DAMN IT AMY" Dusk quickly cut her off. "JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP" he yelled. There was silence in the room, even dusk remained silent. "Listen" he finally said, breaking the silence "meet me on Liberty island tomorrow,3 PM". Amy was about to hang up "one more thing" he said " it was for a good cause" the line went silent. Amy tossed the phone onto the table as she sat down on the loveseat. "So" Korr finally spoke up, his voice gravely as a result of not speaking for so long. "We go to liberty island and end this.". Amy looked over at Korr with a sense of sadness. "It's not that simple" she quickly said, "if he knows you're still Alive, he will be expecting you.". Korr looked away from Amy, he stared out her window. "that's a chance I'm gonna take.". Amy started to wonder why she's friends with this mental patients.