9. Smarties Pieces

I peep from behind a wall, trying to spot a bluehead among the crowd. He's still looking for me since I ran out of Biology. I'm glad to escape from Aaron's wrath by hiding behind the wall.

"Boo." Someone whispered into my ear.

I jumped as in someone had tickled me. I'm pretty sure I had jumped so high that I will be the best high jumper in America.

Just kidding.

"And here I thought that it would be impossible for your mind to be somewhere else after I scare you." Reese shook his head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I asked you first."

"And I don't care."

"For some reason you guys can't find each other even though your hair stands out."

"I bet you can't even find your brain inside your head." I hissed at him.

"Ouch that hurt." Reese clutched his chest dramatically.

I ignored him and continue looking out for Aaron. He's here, I'm telling you. My Aaron Hurls senses is vibrating really fast now.

"He's standing next to the boys' locker room." Reese said.

I looked to where he's pointing at. I didn't see any blue-haired guy here.

"I can't see him."

"Look harder."

Sure enough, a guy took off his cap and ran his hand across his already pushed back blue hair. Aaron grimaced before putting his cap on again and blend in with the crowd.

"He's gone." I sighed in relief.

"Told you." Reese turned around to leave before I manage to grab his hand.

"Reese wait!"

He walked faster. Damn guys and their long legs. I have to run to catch up with him. And no, I'm not a midget. I'm five foot five which is pretty average for girls. I think.

I had to chase him until we are outside of the school's building. Do you know how tiring that is?

I gripped his wrist. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Home?"

"Home? Oh no mister, you ain't goin back to your comfty home without talking ta meh." I speak in a weird accent.

"What do you want, Tamara?" Reese asked me.

"I should be asking you that. Why are you helping me? Isn't Aaron your friend?"

"Can you let go of my hand?"

I shook my head. "You will run away again. I hate running."

"I promise I won't run." I hesitated for a bit before letting go.

Reese sighed. "I just wanted to help you."

"Yeah right. So if you want a candy so badly at a store you'd steal it if you're broke?"

"No but-"

"I'm pretty sure there's more as to why you're helping me." I said, still not satisfied with his answer.

Reese shoved his hands into his pockets and said nothing. I huffed.

"Let's make a deal. You don't have to tell me why you're helping me but in return you have to answer one question of mine."