Week 4: Just A Weekend Fling

• Dedicated to Tobias

I stared at the familiar house in front of me. It looks new and big but it also looks old and empty. I couldn't believe that this was once my home. We used to live at the west side of the state. But when my father died, my mother decided it would be best if we left the house and move nearer to the city, where I now live. 

                "You should go to your Aunt Cathy's." My mother insisted. She believed that it would do me good to leave town for a week and spent time with Aunt Cathy and my cousin Sam. She thought that it would help me with the whole situation with Riley and also, she wants me to spend time with the family before everything ends. 

                I nodded without arguing. I spent a whole week at Goldenrod where Aunt Cathy lives. She had a daughter, Sam, who's about as old as me. Like me, Sam lost her dad in a car accident 2 years before my dad passed away. Sam and I were really close ever since we were born. Even though she lives a little further than I am, we went to the same school since 1st grade. She was the one who introduced me to Daniel since they were classmates in middle school. She likes parties and games. She's a lot more like my sister. 

                I arrived at Aunt Cathy's just before dinner, I saw a blonde girl with her arms crossed by the door. She had sea green eyes which sparkled in the dark. She was thin yet she was not under weight. She almost looked like Barbie but prettier. 

                "What on earth took you so long? No, I don't want to hear any of your excuses. Give me a hug!" 

                I stared at her for a while then lunged toward her with my arms wide open. "SAMANTHA!" 

                Sam kept me occupied for the whole week. We went to parties where I met a couple of her co-model friends. I honestly think she brought me to this male model's house party on purpose but I didn't say anything. We drove to Miami Beach a couple of times where Sam met up with her ex-boyfriend, Ben. Ben is indeed a perfect creature. He works as a model for Abercrombie and Fitch. Yes, apparently, Sam is a model who dates models. It was a fun week thanks to her.

                On my way home, I decided to drive to the west side of town. It always did help me think to be here. I felt like I'm with my dad again. I haven't been here for quite a while now so I thought it was time. I owe it to my dad to pay him a visit. I used to just sit here in my room and cried. We haven't sold the house yet. My mom likes to treasure memories. 

                Yes, my mom was right, being in Goldenrod helped me somehow. But once in a while his name still pops in my head. He's not that easy to forget. He's different. We connected in so many aspects of love. Every touch brings me joy. Every kiss brings me to heaven. Every moment with him is just happiness. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to never have met him. I think I would never have felt true love if that never happened. Yes, I do love him. I do. More than ever! 

                That night when I arrived at home, Nora was sitting in my bed, all dressed up for a party. I was confused for a while then I remembered. It was Austin's 19th birthday today. I completely forgot! What kind of friend am I? 

                "Well, what are you waiting for?" she asked. 

                "I forgot to buy clothes!" I said trying to hide that I entirely forgot about Austin. 

                "I know. That's why I brought you these." She held out a knee length white dress and angel wing with a halo. 

                "They're gorgeous! Unfortunately, I don't have shoes for those."