Chapter 47

Songs-
Jason Walker - Echo
Amber Run- I Found

I'm parked on the street between my house and Harry's, because there's now too many worker's vehicles taking up my driveway. I'm unsure as to how long I've been sitting here. It feels like only minutes, and hours at the same time. My mind is racing, but it's blank as I stare off into space. I know I need to get out of the car, but I can't seem to move a muscle.

Everything is all messed up. How did this happen? One day everything was perfectly fine and the next it all explodes. The past coming to get me in more ways than one. Karma surely outdid itself this time, taking me down lower than I ever wanted to feel again. I'm unsure as to what I need to do now, or what I want. I know that I don't have any fight left in me. I'm weak. I want to cry. I want to give up on everything.

Nothing makes sense, yet when I really allow myself to think about it, everything adds up in this really screwed up way. Everyone will always just be out to hurt each other, just like I used to think before I let my guard down and let people in. I had forgotten the awful truth about people. Harry made me forget. Whether he was just in this to hurt me or if things were real, at this point it doesn't even matter anymore.

All is lost.

Finding out the truth about what Jenny told Harry was just something new to add to the list of things I don't want to believe. She lied to him about me to get back at him for what he did to her. Hurting me, once again, in the process.

I'm taken out of my daze when a car pulls up really close beside mine, and I look over to see Harry sitting in his car rolling down his window. I do the same when he motions for me to do so, my heart starting to pound as I do.

"You forgot this in my car," he simply says, handing over the bottle with the messages in it, through our windows. I gladly take it from him and throw it over to the passenger seat, without taking my eyes off of him. I can't decipher what he's thinking. He's wearing sunglasses and his lips are in a tight line. I can feel his eyes taking me in, which only makes me feel nervous. The amount of things I want to say to him right now. But I know he wouldn't listen anyway. "Stalking me now? You weren't here when I left, but you're back? Seriously, Paisley. Go home."

Do I want him to know that Dad and I are moving here? That this house I'm parked almost in front of, is going to be my new home? He's apparently already thinking I'm stalking him and he doesn't seemed too pleased about it. I better keep my mouth shut. "I just have a few things to ask you," I blurt, before he has the chance to drive away.

"Hurry it up," he sighs, putting his car into park. "I'm in the middle of the road."

"Do you really believe Jenny over me?" I don't take my eyes off of him, and wish so much that he wasn't wearing sunglasses. Not just because I want to see the whole expression on his face, but because I want to look into his beautiful eyes just once more.

"Yes."

"Why?" 

"She's a hell of a lot more honest with me than you ever have been," he answers coldly, looking in his rear view mirror. Thankfully no one is coming.

"After everything that we've been through, you still think I'm lying?" I ask. "She's the one who lied, Harry! And if you have any recollection of High School, you would understand what she's doing. She did this on purpose. She wanted to hurt you, and—she got what she wanted!"

"She didn't get shit," he argues back, tapping his thumb on the steering wheel. "I'm done with you, remember? This was the plan all along. If anything, I got what I wanted."

I sigh, knowing that nothing I say will get through to him. There's no point in trying anymore. I've done all I can for now. It's clear he is too mad to accept anything that comes out of my mouth, and still wanting to say stuff that will surely hurt me. He puts his car back into drive and I know I need to ask just one more thing before he drives away. "Did I really always mean nothing to you?" I ask, quietly. "Or did you have feelings for me, but Jenny changed your mind?"