Nights Like This (Russy)

It's a tragic thing when your daughter got you up in the house watching Doc McStuffins all damn day. It's Doc McStuffins this & Doc McStuffins that. Hell, she got everything fuckin Doc McStuffins, but I ain't tripping though just as long as my baby girl is happy.

"So you don't wanna watch nothin else?" I asked her.

"No daddy." She didn't take her eyes off the television.

"You sure?"

"DADDY!!!" She whined. She does that shit so people would leave her alone.

"Positive?" I asked. She ignored me. I smiled. "Nicole?" I lightly poked her. "Nicole? Nicole....?" I dragged out. She scrunched up her face.

"MOMMYYYYYYY!!!!" She started to cry.

"Russell, if you don't leave that girl alone!" My wife, Y/n snapped at me.

"So you just let her sit and watch cartoons all day?" I asked, getting up.

"No, she colors for about a hour or so when she get home from daycare, I read to her, let her play all day, then before bed I let her watch cartoons, I read her another book and by then she's asleep." She said in one breath.

"Mm.." I scuffed, walking into our bathroom.

"Nigga don't try me!" She yelled after me. I laughed.

Once I got out the shower & walked out of the bathroom, the tv was off. I looked over at the bed to Y/n and Nicole giggling at a book. I looked over the clock on the nightstand & it read 7:43 PM.

"And they all lived happily ever after..." Y/n spoke softly. "The End." She sat the book behind her & cuddled Nicole as she hugged her neck.

"Night night mommy." Nicole yawned softly.

"Goodnight mommy's sweet little angel." She kissed her head. I smiled.

Moments like this don't happen on the regular. I cherish these moments because moments last a lifetime & I want this to last forever.