Kiera

I'm enjoying kicking it with Cherry in her apaerment but I have date to get ready for. "Cherry can you pin my hair up please?" She looks at my hair and then back at her phone. "Okay. Let me finish sending this text to my baby." I run my hairs through my hair, "Okay." I look at my hair in the mirror. "I really need to go get this shit done at the shop somewhere." I say to myself. "Why you don't let TT do it?" Cherry asks. "Ion have time for that today. TT be taking her precious ass time like a bitch don't have shit to do."

"Come on." We walk into her bathroom and she starts to pin up. My phone vibrates against the sink. I open up my messages and its a picture from August of a dress. I smile. "Damn bitch August make sure yo ass stay straight." Cherry says laughing. "He need to tell Dae to take some notes." She laugh, "Stop it my man make sure I'm good. He just aint swimming in dough yet like August."

"Where yall supposed to be going?" Cherry asks. "I don't know. He could take my ass to American Deli and I will be fine with my lemon pepper wings."

"Bitch stop it. Yo ass and American Deli. Tell August to buy yo ass one." I laugh, "That's not a bad idea." She shakes her head laughing.

----

I walk downstairs to my apartment to see August sitting on the couch. "You arent supposed to be here yet.." I say to him pushing his feet off my table. "I brought lunch." I smile. "You aint smile like that when you saw me sitting here." I chuckle, "You said food, it made me smile." He shakes his head. "I got some runs to make so I'll be gone for a day." He says. "Where you got to?" I ask biting my burrito. "Just to the next state over."

"Okay. Just be careful."

"I got you bae."

He reaches inside his pocket and hands me some cash. "Emergency money just in case you need it for some." I sit in my purse. Thats one thing he always does, no matter what he does he always gives me cash, even if I have some already. I'm not one of those girls who get all timid or too proud to take it. If my man wants to give me money then why not keep some extra on me.

"You want some?" I ask. "Yeah feed it to me." I laugh, "I was just playing." He grabs the box and moves it. "Still wanna play?" He asks hovering over me. "August move." I laugh trying to cover my face. "What you doing Kiera?" He starts tickling me and I lose it bursting in laughter. "Okay you win." I say in between breathes. "What's my prize?"

I peck his lips, "There you go." I say smiling. He wants to do way more than that but I can't do it yet. "That's it?" He asks smirking. I slide over out from under him. "Yes." I push him down and run into my room shutting the door. His foot stops it from closing all the way. "Open the door bae." I laugh, "I'm good on that boo." He laughs, "LoLo come on."

I turn around still leaning on the door laughing my ass off until I see the dress. I walk over to it astonished. It's so pretty. He walks in, coming up behind me. "This is so beautiful baby." I run my hands down the dress. "It looks even better in person." He kisses the back on my neck, "It's all for you baby." I smile, "Thank you."

I always love the soft goofy side of him. The bad ass part is a turn too but this soft side of him is what really made me fall hard for him. It was back in 06 when we first met. Me and Cherry were walking to the store from this party and him and his friends were out talking. My young hot ass had a thing for dope boys. August was still working his way to the top but everyone knew about him. He asked for my name and the rest is history. Over the years we've been through a lot and he puts up with my horrible attitude problem and stubborn ways. But most of the time when I'm around him I'm laughing and smiling.   He really makes me happy.

I turn around and kiss him adding in my tongue this time. He stops and looks at me. "Stick your tongue out." I know where this is going. "Why?" I ask quickly closing my mouth. "Kiera." I stick my tongue out, "What the fuck is that!"

"Why you yelling? I'm right here." I cross my arms. "That shit isn't cute." He says leaning against my dresser. "Who said I got it to be cute? You didn't even ask how I got it." His lips twist up, "How you get it Lo?"

"Me and Cherry went to the bar and had one two many to drink and ended up on a tattoo shop and we got em."

"'Man you ain't even old enough to drink. What you mean y'all had one two many?" I look over at the time and it's 6. "Can we talk about this later?" I ask. "It ain't none else to say. I don't like it and I don't want my girl with that shit. It sends off the wrong message in my opinion, I know damn well you ain't doing shit unless it's some I don't know about."

"What the fuck you mean?" I ask offended by his statement. He shrugs, "Just saying what I'm saying." "Alright. Preciate it. Bye." He grabs his keys, "I'll see you at 8."

-----------------

Although I have an attitude I still continued to get ready to go. I knew he would flip but I didn't know he'd do all that. I slide my heels on and they look perfect with this dress.

It's a knock on the door and I assume it's August. He can use his key. The door opens, "Bae you ready?" He says. "Yes." I yell. He walks into the room. "Damn. Even my imagination couldn't foresee how good you'd look in that dress. You look beyond beautiful baby." I smile although I don't want to. "Thank you."

We arrive at the restaurant. "Close your eyes." He says. I close them. "Open up." I see a locket on the table. "Thank you baby. It's pretty." I pick it up and look around it. "Open it up Bae." I look at my nails and the locket. "Can you do me the honors baby?" I ask passing it to him. He shakes his head, "You and them nails." He grabs it and opens it up then passes it back to me. It's a picture of us. "I love it!"

"I love you." I smile hard as hell, "I love you too baby."