Kiera

"Kiera get in here!" I groan getting up, "What ma what?" I ask my mama. "Your brother coming over here." I look at her with a blank face. "Okay. I had to get out of bed for that?"

"Pregnant or not you'll still get slapped." I suck my teeth. "Alright chill Big Shirley." She laughs, "That's why y'all baby gone come out looking like Shirley." I laugh, "It's your grandchild. As long as they healthy and happy I don't care."

"Girl put some clothes on."

As it was said some months ago Dakiya was right. DJ is my brother from my daddy side. I've only been around him a few times but you would never be able to tell we didn't grow up together. He knows a lot about me from clocking my every damn move. I know that his mother is dead and our father is too. He basically raised himself.

He found out about me a few months before his mom died and just felt he needed to watch over me quietly. My mama acts like its the son she's never had.

I walk back into my room and throw on a shirt. "This shit doesn't even fit." I mumble looking at my stomach poke out. "Kiera open the door for D while I take this food out the oven."

I stomp walking over to the door. "What's up Kiera?" DJ says as soon as I open the door. "What up?" He walks in. "What's up mama? Smells good as hell in here." She walks out smiling, "We made you some lunch." She made him some lunch. Me and my baby was napping. "What lil sis helped you cook?"

I laugh, "You know good and well I was sleep DJ."

"I know it. My nephew getting bigger in there." He sitting his hands on my stomach. "Ion know what it is yet."

"I'm telling you what it is girl."

Hearing my phone vibrate, I grab it off the table. "Hello?" I answer. "I know Monae didn't cook and ain't invite me."

"Hey Auntie Shawana." DJ says laughing. We all know her damn voice from anywhere. "Tell her to get her ass over here and eat." My mama says. "She ain't got to tell me twice." Auntie says. "Bring Cherry too." I add. "If she wake up being out all last night with Dae ass." I laugh, "Alright see y'all in a bit."

I miss my baby man. We talk any chance we get and I go see him almost every other day but it's not enough. "You spoke to ya boy?" DJ asks. "Yeah earlier he supposed to be calling me soon."

"That's why you waiting by the phone?" He asks. "That girl always waiting by the phone." My mama says. I roll my eyes. "Anyway."

"Ion really approve of all that Kiera."

"Join the list DJ. Why can't nobody be happy if I'm happy?"

"Why share your happiness with another girl?"

"Ughhh. Just let me do me alright?" He shrugs his shoulders. "Alright Lo." I don't even know why the fuck they love to mention the other girl like I give any fucks about that girl. I ain't seen or heard from that bitch since we met up. Of course August still tries to play peace maker but fuck that.

My phone rings, "Talk to me." I answer. "Wazzam baby." I break into the biggest smile. "What's up jail bird?" He laughs, "Damn that's how I get done Lo?" August asks. I get up and walk into my room. "You know it's all Gucci baby."

"I miss you." He says. "I miss you too. I'll be up there tomorrow after my doctors appointment."

"How my baby doing?"