Cherokee

"Cherokee come on ! " My father yells out.

"Im coming ! Almost done getting ready" I yell out to him. Today's my cousin Alana family barbecue and it started about 20 mins ago. I put on my black Nike air max then head downstairs.

"Really you just take forever getting ready Cherokee " My father says shaking his head. "Beauty takes time" I say. "Come on get yo ass in the car" He says.

August finally decided a to text me I read the message but don't reply. I really don't feel like dealing with these hating ass hoes all they do is hate on me, my pops and my brother. But I'll show my pretty face anyway.

Arriving at her house soon as we park people start looking. "Hey Lana!" I say getting out the car. She runs up to me and hugs me. "What's up boo?" She ask . "I've been chilling got my own place" I say smiling. "Word !? That dope you got to invite me one day" she says. "Most def I got you".

After say hello to everyone I go grab a plate. "Hey Cherokee" Chanel the local hoe says. I roll my eyes "What ?". "Oh you're getting bold aren't you ?" She ask chuckling. "Been bold honey now can you stop talking to me?" I ask.

Her friend comes over and just looks at me. "Dumb and dumber can you guys leave me alone? Who invited y'all hoes anyway?" I ask irritated. "Bitch watch who you getting slick with" Chanel says. "I'll speak to you how the fuck I please ! So get the fuck out my face" I reply.

"Hey y'all need to chill don't start shit here" Alana says walking toward us. "Bye bald headed bitches" I say laughing. "How you and Aug doing?" Lana ask. "We good, not on speaking terms he been playing". "How?" She ask titling her head.

"He been handling business and shit I text him yesterday asking to hang out he talking about he doesn't have time" I say. Lana bust out laughing. "Not funny" I say mean mugging her.

The party goes pretty well thankfully my father drove cause I'm feeling a little tipsy. On my way out I see Chanel. I try my best to just keep walking and ignore her. "Have a goodnight stuck up bitch" She says smiling.

It's like something click on me soon as she said that. Walking up to her, I just start throwing punches. I feel someone hitting the back of my head but at this point it just doesn't phase me. Blow after blow my to Chanel face.

"Cherokee chill!" I hear my father say. I'm then pulled off Chanel. "Let me go!" I yell. I manage to slip out his hold. Running towards her friend I slap her one good time.

"Okay I'm done now" I say fixing my shirt. "Damn Cherokee you're drunk ass fucked them up" Alana says.

I look towards my father he's shaking his head. "I'm sorry dad" I say walking up to him. "Get yo ass in the car Cherokee" He says.

I decided not to argue with my father. Getting in the car I can just feel the tension in here. My father didn't speak not one word to me as we drive back to my place.

"So you're just going to stay upset?" I ask before getting out the car. "Kee you should know to act correct 'round these people" My father says. I roll my eyes "You're right father, but I had to teach them broads a lesson".

There's a huge box in front of my door. I pull the card off top of it and read the name. Smiling real hard soon as I notice it's from August. Pushing the box inside I close the door behind me.

"I'm sorry I've been ghost for a little minute baby I'll make it up to you " - Love August.

Opening the box he went all out a huge teddy bear, shoes and a velvet box. He bought me a beautiful necklace.

I dial up his number. "Hello" I say through the phone.

"Got my gift?" He ask.

"I did, thank you baby".

"You're welcome, anything for you, what you doing ?" He ask.

"I just got out the shower walking around naked" I say laughing.

"Mm tempting a nigga ain't you".

I laugh "Of course not baby,  I can't wait to see you though".

"Me too baby, let me hit you up later baby got some business that just came in" he says.

"Ok I love you handsome".

"I love you too baby girl".