Kiera

"Where you been at lil girl?" My mama fusses through the phone. "No where Shirley at home." I respond finishing up my Senegalese Twists. I've been standing in this mirror all damn day. "Mhm. You gone miss me when I'm gone lil girl. I ain't heard from you in a week."

"I'm sorry I've been busy. You miss me?" She sucks her teeth as I start laughing, "Kiera shut the hell up." Her attitudes makes me laugh harder. "Mama you know you miss. Ion know why you be doing the most."

"Whatever... What you doing today?" She asks. "August coming over in a bit we chilling here. Why? Want us to come see you?"

"Don't bring him in my house and I need you to watch yo lil cousin." I drop my head, "That's fine when y'all bringing him?" I ask. "Tell August to come pick him up from my house."

"Alright let me call him. Ima call you back."

"Okay."

We hang up and I hit August contact. "Lil LoLo."

"Where you at?"

"Corner store bout to pick up some snacks. Want some? You would call me when I'm buying some to eat, fat ass." I laugh, "Shut up! Can you swing by my mama place and pick up my lil cousin? Oh and I want a honey bun, a fruit punch, and some hot Cheetos.. Oh and a pickle!"

"Alright and okay. We'll be at your crib in bout 15 minutes baby." I finally finish my hair and cute up my edges.

My front door opens, "Baby!"

"Ew don't be calling my cousin that." My little cousin, Tay Tay, says. "Hey Bae. Hey Tay." I say walking inside the living room. "You look beautiful." August says kissing my cheek. "Thank you Bae. Now where my food at?"

"You so hungry." We both laugh sitting down on the sofa. "Kiera I don't get a hug, no kiss or nothing?" Tay Tay asks. I kiss him on his cheek and he breaks into the biggest smile. "Don't be eying my girl lil man."

Tay Tay sucks his teeth, "You don't be eyeing my big cousin lil man." Tay is mess at 8 years old. Monique goes through hell with him. While these two go back and forth I grab my phone and scroll through. I crack up coming across this hoe picture. "Who told her she was cute?"

"Stop talking about people." August says grabbing my phone. "Bae chill out." I mush him. "That's why you ain't getting it back." I suck my teeth. "Let's go outside Key." Tay Tay says. "Come on baby." I say getting up. "It's hot as hell out that door and you want me to come with you."

"August get up and come on." I say grabbing his hand. His watch fits perfectly. "Lo." I roll my eyes, "Don't Lo me, come on baby." I whine. "What I get if I do it?" He asks still sitting on the sofa. "A happy girlfriend."

"Man August come on. My mama said you shouldn't make your woman beg." Tay says. I laugh still trying to pull August up. "Yo mama told you that?" Aug asks finally getting up.

We walk out the door as August hands clings around my waist. Of course Tay had to get in on the action, he grabs my hand. It's cute how protective Tay is over me.

"It is hot out here." I say swinging my hair back. "Aug play with me please." Tay says picking up a football. "Alright come on." I sit in the fold out chair and watch them play.

"What's good Kiera?" One guy who knows August says to me. I nod my head at the group of guys. "You alright?" One guy asks. "Yup, yourself?" I ask back. "Straight." He responds as his friends just look at me. "Alright that's good. Y'all gone speak or just stare at a bitch?" I say staring at them back. "What's up?" They mumble. "Good seeing you Kiera."

I wish Cherry was here to join us but she's out with her boo for the day. I look up and see a group of females walking this way. I immediately spot Alicia in the group. "What's up Kiera? By yourself today?"

These goes coming over with the fuck shit already. I'm trying to calm down but I'm with the shit if these hoes are really about. "Your point is what?" I ask. "Just speaking." Alicia says. "We don't like each other let's not play like we do now because you with yo lil crew."

"This hoe got a lot of mouth." One girl says. "I do." I say looking at the girl. Fuck she talking about. I can back this shit up too. I'll keep my mouth shut though. I don't have time to listen to August mouth. "Chanel just chill." Another girl says. "Maybe you should try that." I say before thinking. "Maybe you should try keeping your mouth closed unless you can back it up." I chuckle, "Licia let your friend here know what's up. Before she's dragged up and down this damn sidewalk."

The next thing I know the hoe with all the mouth talking runs up to me trying to hit but fails miserably. It's more than a pair of hands coming at me. I grab the chair I'm sitting here and start swinging. "Kiera!" I hear August yell but I'm giving these hoes what they wanted. A few of the guys come around the way and start moving the girls back. "Jumping ass hoes but you still got yo ass beat!" It's hair and blood everywhere.

"Come to my side bitch and we gone see how much mouth you got. Ugly ass hoe!" The Chanel hoe yells. "Bitch go fix yo busted up nose and then bald spots, stupid ass bitch."

"Kiera calm down." August says in my ear. "Who the fuck jumps and still loses? Them hoes just tried my fucking life!" I yell still hype as fuck. My blood is pumping fast as hell. "Tay come on. We going inside." August says practically dragging me into the apartment.

Tay walks inside as August shuts the door. "Lo we've talked about this baby." I suck my teeth, "I was sitting there minding my own damn business! Them
Hoes walked up to me. All I did was look at the hoes."

"Okay just came down alright?" August says. "Kiera you beat all them girls up." Tay says with some hair in his hand. "Boy go throw that away." August says sounding like somebody daddy. I walk into my room shutting my door. My phone starts ringing.

"Kiera London Simmons!" My mama yells through the phone. "Yes ma." I don't have time to be lectured or none like that. Everybody swear shit is always my fault and it's not. "Who the fuck jumped you? And is you alright?"

"I'm fine, a few of my twists got pulled out and I got a scratch across my arm but none too major. Ion even know them girls except for Alicia. Whoever her friend is, I think her name is Chanel, she was how it all started. She ran up and then all them jumped in. And they still lost. Dummies."

"Kiera stay away from them girls."

"Okay." I say not bothering to explain how they come to me. I don't have to go to them. "Where Tay Tay?" She asks. "In the living with August." After I get off the phone with her I lay there and fall asleep.

Hours later...

"Shit!" I yell feeling my arm stinging. "Lo im trying to clean this cut. Be still." August says. "This shit burns." I say almost in tears. He blows on it. After a few minutes it stops stinging.

"Where Tay Tay?" I ask. "Monique picked him up once she got off work." August says looking at my arm like he's a doctor. "Alright you should be good now."

"Thank you Hood Doctor." He laughs, "I had to make sure my baby is okay. You held yo own. How the hell you beat five bitches ass I don't know." He says chuckling. "It's what I do."

"Gangsta ass." I laugh. "Man my hair messed up now. Shit is ridiculous..." I complain. "I'm still pretty bae?" I ask. "Hell yeah. Beautiful as fuck."