Cherokee

"Alana what we doing here?" I ask looking at my cousin stupid.

I haven't seen or spoken to my father in two weeks now. He's been so upset over the whole August situation. Everyone slips up and I forgave him so that my damn choice. August promise me that he is done with that its me and him.

Walking into my fathers house a bead of sweat runs down my forehead. Taking in a deep breath I then let it out. Nothing's changed since I moved out my father loves keep shit the way it is.

"Hello father" I say sitting across from him.

"Cherokee Kaley what a nice surprise" He says.

"Heard you been asking for me so I stopped by to show you that I'm alright" I say.

"Well you are my daughter regardless of the stupid choice you've made".

I roll my eyes at him , "Hmm we've all made stupid choices father , and August isn't a stupid choice".

"Cherokee when will you get this shit through your thick ass head that little nigga don't love you! He still fucking with that other female you both stupid for still fucking with him" My father yells.

"No he isn't messing with her still , who told you that ?" I ask.

My father laughs, "Baby I run the streets you really think something happens that I don't know".

I feel a big lump in my throat. I hold back the tears that are building up. I get up and go to the bathroom.

"Kee come out the bathroom !" Alana says banging on the door.

"Leave me alone" I say crying.

I pull out my phone a text August.

So you're still messing around with her , after everything we fucking been through you got me looking like a damn fool in front of everyone!.

After a few minutes I pull myself together. Looking in the mirror at my now puffy eyes I dry my tears. It's difficult walking out his restroom knowing my father is probably standing there waiting for me to come out and have that I told you so look.

"Kee it's okay , I'm you father I love you regardless of the shit you do... It's pain my heart to see my baby girl crying over some street nigga"He says pulling me into a hug.

"I love him though" I say bawling.

My father holds me tighter. "You'll get over him alright you just need to listen to our family we all you got".

"I can't do this right now I need to go back home" I say removing myself from his hold. Grabbing Alana keys I run out to her car and drive away from the house as quick as I can.

I call August phone that shit goes straight to fucking voice mail. The tears start rolling down my face all over again. My visions getting foggy I almost hit a damn tree. Pulling off to the side I dial his number again yet voicemail again.

Why is it that when you love someone and give them your all you still end up getting fucked over. I throw my phone out the window in anger realizing I did a stupid thing I cry even more.

I gave this nigga everything! He fucked holds the key to my heart and he let this two cent hoe come in and break what the fuck we got build up. His promises ain't shit always promising that he ain't with that ratchet hoe and yet I hear this shit.

I drive back home. Making my way up the stairs I fucking almost trip. I need a drink or two cause this is way too much to deal with all in one damn day. I asked him over and over are you still messing around with her he continue to lie in my face like I'm some fool.

I dail his number on the house phone and for the twentieth time no fucking answer. August is so lucky I can't text him right now because I'd be going in. Pacing my living room back and forth I decided to get a glass of wine maybe that'll calm me down a little bit.

"August! Why would you hurt me like this I fucking love you and this the shit I get for being by your side! Like for real you stay swearing you a real nigga but you ain't shit!" I yell through the phone.

Leaving multiple voice messages I then decided to give up. Taking my last sip of wine I head off to bed maybe I can sleep my heart ache away.