Kiera

"Cherry hurry up!" I yell. "Girl we gone make it inside calm down." I roll my eyes. We get inside and it's packed as fuck in here. "Damn August ass really does know the whole hood." Cherry says. We both laugh. "Hey boo!" Niya says walking up to me. "What's up cousin in law?" She laughs. "None much cousin in law. The birthday boy bout to here any minute." I nod my head and walk thru. "LoLo!" I smile running over to August uncle, Terrell. "What you doing here?" I ask. "Couldn't miss neph party. I head back out tomorrow."

"Aw man. We gone turn up tonight then." Terrell laughs, "No doubt." I love my baby family but Uncle Terrell is my favorite. He's funny as hell and use to stay into something back in the day. Now he's a solider. The crazy thing about it is him and August are only three years apart. "Quiet everyone!" Niya yells.

"Man where the hell yall taking me blindfolded?" August says. "Man shut up bitching." DJ, his cousin, says.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Everyone yells. August laughs, "Thank y'all man!" I make my way over to him. "Baby." He hugs me, "Happy Birthday Baby." He smiles, "Thank you baby girl." He sits his hand around my waist while DJ and Jeremy talks to him about something. I look over to my left and see Cherry found Dae Dae.

Someone walking up from the corner catches my eye. Why the fuck she looking like that? Calm yourself Kiera, she's just looking, those are her eyes. I look away. A few seconds later the girl is still walking closer. "Who are you?" I ask over the loud music. "Ask him." Who she pointing at? I know it's not August. I move from his hold and he turns around. "What's up Cherokee?" He says.

"Don't what's up me August. What was that?" Cherokee says. "So you know her. Who the fuck is she August?" I ask yelling. "I'm his girlfriend that's who I am." "Bitch I'm his girlfriend fuck you mean!"

"Baby I can-" The girl walks off. Smart move on her part. "So you with that bitch while you was with me?!!" I ask pushing him. "That's yo girl huh?!" My shoves turn into punches. He grabs my hands. "Baby I can explain." I yank away from him. "Fuck you!" Let me go find this girl.

"Kiera what the fuck was that?" Niya asks. I ignore her and continue to look for the girl. I see her in a corner with her friend. I walk over. The girl friend steps in front of her. "Bitch move ain't nobody trying to touch the girl." The girl stands up, "What?" She asks. Her prissiness is getting on my damn nerves already. "How long ?" I ask.

"Years." I laugh, "This nigga!" I yell getting mad all over again. "Did she take her medicine today?" Her friends whispers. "Hoe I got yo medicine!" I pull myself being carried off.

"Lo. Calm down and breathe." Terrell says once were away from the party. I stand there hiding my face in his chest crying. "Terrell man I can't believe it." He stands there hugging. I hear a door open. "Kiera you okay?" Cherry asks handing me some tissue. "I'll let y'all talk but I'm right outside this door. It ain't no way you can sneak out so don't try it."

Cherry laughs, "Where you gone go?" She asks me. "To bash that bitch and her friend head in." I say wiping my face. Tears start falling even more. "I can't believe he would do this to me." Awww Lo."

I grab my bag. "Im ready to go." I walk over to the door. "I'm about to go home Terrell." "Okay. I'll walk you to the car." If I wasnt feeling so sad right now I would laugh. He's like August when it comes to me and fighting. "Baby." "Don't fucking touch me!" August looks sad. "I'm sorry Lo." He tries grabbing my hand again.

"I said don't touch me!" "Nephew just leave it be right now." August moves out my way and I finally make it to my car. "I'll drive." Cherry says grabbing my keys.

I make it home. My phone starts ringing. "Hello?" I answer. "Kiera where the hell you at?" My mama asks. "I'm at home. Ma Ima call you back. I need to shower." She sighs sensing something is wrong with me but I'm not up to it right now. "Alright. Call me if you need anything."

I lay in bed until the sun rises. As soon as I begin to fall asleep my phone rings. "What?!?" I answer yelling. "Open the door." I look down at the phone realize its Cherry. I get up and walk over to the door. "Kiera you're still wearing the exact same thing from last night."

"Cherry don't you think I know that." I roll my eyes. "Oh so I can take my black ass right back out the door and back to my apartment if that attitude is the thanks I get for checking on you." I sigh sitting on my bed. "I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. What you gone do about August?" She asks grabbing a pillow. "Fuck him and his entire existence. Stupid ass nigga. I have half the mind to go fuck his ass up. I miss him though. It's still fuck him"