9.

Posted: Feb. 27, 2016

Thank you so much for 1K :) 

I've been writing this chapter all day, I tried to have it posted yesterday but I couldn't focus and today was worse like omg

9. Austin

I roll out of bed, at round 9:30 in the morning, wanting to see Rowan as soon as possible. I hadn't seen her for a few days, her taking time to hang out with Rosa, but today I wasn't going to go without seeing her. Four days was bad enough for me. 

I throw on a pair of sweatpants, and a hoodie, sliding on a pair of shoes. I walk out to my kitchen and grab a bottle of water and my car keys, walking out to the elevator. I take it to the bottom floor and walk out to my car, driving to Rowan's house. 

On the way there, I contemplate calling her to let her know I'm coming, but I soon decide against it, wanting to surprise her. When I reach her house, I park in her driveway and walk up to the door, twisting the knob to see she left it unlocked.

"Damn it" I hear her curse from the kitchen, and I walk to the kitchen, wrapping my arms around her from behind. 

"Hi Baby" I whisper, kissing her neck. She rolls her head to the side, sighing in content, placing her hands over mine. 

"Hi"  

"I didn't know you wore glasses" I say once I pull away from her.

"I normally don't" She shrugs "But I ran out of contacts so I have to wear these until I get new ones" She rolls her eyes.

"I think you look cute" I chuckle, kissing her cheek.

"But you see, I'm going for a sexy look" She laughs.

"You looks sexy in leggings and my sweatshirt" I whisper in her ear, and she giggles.

"Mission accomplished" She whispers back "It's just really cold, I mean, New York is always cold this time of year, but my house has always been warm, but not today" She shakes her head. 

"It is cold out, I'm used to it being hot" 

"Well duh, you live in Florida" She laughs, rolling her eyes "I hate the cold" I pout.

"Me too" I laugh "Maybe, I can take you out to Miami" I wrap my arms around her waist, kissing her lips softly.

"I'd die, leaving Rosa in charge of the bakery is a no no" She laughs.

"Speaking of the bakery..." I trail off and she looks at me in confusion "Say macaroons" I say and she laughs loudly.

"Macaroons" 

"I'll never get tired of that" I laugh "I missed you, you know" I lean my head on her shoulder.

"I missed you too" She kisses my forehead "I don't want to be a downer and all, but when are you going back to Miami?" 

"Trying to get rid of me?" I laugh.

"No, I'm just curious" She shrugs.

"Well, I have to go back by the end of the month" 

"Austin, it's November 14th. Thanksgiving is a little more than a week away"