Chapter 11

Chapter 11 Remembering

I was half awake when I could her beeping noises and wondered what it was, gradually I opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital room.

“Francesca” someone said while holding my hand, I looked to the side of me “It’s me Eddie, Eddie Marine” the name didn’t ring a bell, why was I in a hospital bed? What happened to me? “Don’t you remember me Fran?”

“No” I manage to say, I have no idea who this guy is “Are you my boyfriend?” he gave out a laugh and said something under his breath, maybe he was. I don’t know! I kissed him on the lips “Thanks for being here, even though I don’t know why I’m here? You must be an amazing boyfriend to me” he looked completely shocked

“Fran, I’m not your boyfriend” he said steadily

“Who are you then?”

“I’m your best friend, how can you not remember me Franny! We always banter and laugh with each other” I close my eyes trying to think of him but I must of fell asleep because when I wake up, it’s darker in my room and a woman is sitting in a chair next to me.

“Hello?”  she wakes up out of her sleep

“Francesca” she says and embraces me with a huge hug, this woman must be my mother

“Are you my mom?”

“Yes darling, Do you remember what happened to you?” I shook my head, she explained to me that I got ran over by a car somehow and I have this thing called short term amnesia which will probably be gone in 3 weeks hopefully.

“Where was I?”

“Where were you when what?”

“I got ran over”

“You were by your boyfriend’s house Sean Grey”

“What was I doing there?”

“Consoling him because he just lost his older brother”

“Oh” so this Sean Grey was my boyfriend I vaguely remember him

“Are you hungry or thirsty?”

“Thirsty”

“Ok, should I get you a mocha?”

“What’s a mocha?”

“Mocha is your favourite coffee”

“Yes then” must be nice if I liked it, my mom left and returned in a couple of minutes holding a steaming cup of mocha I believe

“Here you go then sweetie”

“Thank you mom” she smiled

“There was another boy here earlier on, he said he was my best friend, I forgotten what his name was”

“I don’t know about any other boy visiting you except Sean”

“That must of been him then” I’m sure his name started with an E though oh well doesn’t matter now.

“Do you remember anything at all Franny?”who was the woman talking to now “Franny” I turned to her

“You talking to me”

“Yes”

“I thought my name was Francesca not Franny”

“Franny is one of your nicknames”

“Oh okay, then no I don’t remember anything” I say to reply back to her answer, she says nothing else after that and eventually has to leave because visiting hours are over.

So I’m just lying here on my own in complete darkness, who was that woman again? Oh yeah my mom and I have a boyfriend called Bob Grey, no that sounds wrong, Bob Faye, no wrong again Sean Grey, that sounds more correct! I’m sure there was a guy before him, he was holding my hand, he had these unusual purple eyes, E,E,E ,E Eddie Marine! That’s it Eddie Marine, I remember him now from before, his the mystery boy. How could I have forgotten? Silly me!