Chapter 5

Chapter 5 home, sweet, home

“I’m home mom!” I run upstairs to our living area and enter the room to see my new head teacher sitting there! Have I done something wrong?

“Hmmm, Hi Mr Williams” he turns around and his face is in shock, then my older sister comes in, I haven’t seen her in ages so I jump on her in excitement! “LO!”

“Hi Franny!”  I look at Mr Williams again and he looks horrified “What’s that look for Peter? You aren’t happy to see me!” What, Peter? How does Louise know my head teacher like that?! She jumps on his lap and kisses him! My eyes nearly pop out of my sockets!

“Oh this is Peter, Fran”

“No, he is Mr Williams my head teacher”

“Oh so you’ve met my sister all ready!” oblivious from what I just said

“Hmm yes, she was in an incident today between her boyfriend and friend.”

“What happened with Sean?”

“Why don’t you tell her Mr Williams?” I wasn’t pleased, even though Sean did have a fight; he is actually a well presented student at that school.

“I suspended him for three days”

“Why? Sean is a good boy otherwise my parents wouldn’t have approved for their relationship to carry on”

“He got into a fight with the new boy Eddie and he threw the first punch!”

“Only because Eddie said he banged his mom!” I cut in, my boyfriends reputation wasn’t going to be tarnished! Stephanie and Elijah walked in next giggling.

“Lo! Hey girl!” Stephanie shouted and sat by the window with Elijah “Oh and hello Peter” she said drylily

“Elijah, you’re not going to say hello to your old dad!”

“No.” Elijah answered, Peter’s Elijah’s father! That must mean his Ryan’s as well and the granddad of my niece Taylor!

“Am I the only person who doesn’t really know who Mr Williams is?”

“Why are you calling him Mr Williams Fran?” Elijah asked me

“I got promoted to head teacher!” Peter announced

“Really and you didn’t think to tell me!” Louise screamed why is it so amazing? I realised I was still standing up so I sat on the other side of Stephanie. She put her arm around me, I like Stephanie more than my own sister sometimes, Stephanie’s Louise’s best friend and her husband Elijah is Taylor’s uncle. Just reminding myself of all these connections.

“I was going to tell you over dinner tonight”

“I was having dinner here tonight with all the family”

“Even Ty” I called from where I was sitting

“Yep he is coming home! In one peace” everyone sighed in relief, I was scared he wouldn’t make it back from fighting in Iraq.

“What about Ryan?”

“Yes he is coming as well, only for Taylor though” Louise will never admit to herself that she is still in love with Ryan! But I still know so it doesn’t matter.

“Hi everyone” I looked to the door it was Ryan, I felt Stephanie’s arm tense up a little.

“Relax Steph” I whispered to her, I guess she hasn’t seen him since she married Elijah about two years ago, when they had a big argument! She inhaled and exhaled deeply.

“Hi Ryan” she said, I was surprised from this. He nodded his head politely

“Congratulations” he said, it’s been like 3 years now, a bit too late don’t you think

“Hmm, thanks”

“How are therapy sessions going Ryan?” Elijah asked his brother

“They’ve really helped me”

“Sit down then” Louise pitched in

“Oh hmm your mom said dinner is ready and Francesca should set out the table”

“Oh great” I groaned

“I’ll help her” Stephanie said beside me, now it’s not going to be that bad.