Chapter 25

Chapter 25

 “Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust. She is in a better place now, may God welcome her with open arms. You will be dearly missed Megan Duff. Rest peacefully. In heavens name amen.” The priest says and Megan’s empty coffin get’s rolled down into the ground forever, it has been two months since she went missing and they think she died so her parents did a funeral for her. I look towards her parents who are holding each other tightly and crying dreadfully. I lean more into Eddie, who is holding me and feel a tear roll down my face.

“It’ll be all right Francesca.” Eddie whispers to me but I don’t respond because I’m muted now, no matter how hard I try, I can never speak and even if I do it comes out as a squeak. It’s not like I have much to say anymore anyway.

“Come on darling, let’s go home. It’s finish now.” My mom says to me, I nod and Eddie guides me to the car and gets in with me.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Ty asks me, I shake my head

“To eat” Hannah asks me, I shake my head.

“You sure” Louise asks me

“Just leave the poor girl alone.” Tara says to them all, thank you at least someone understands what I’m going through.

“You are looking real pale babe. You need to eat something, you haven’t eaten for two weeks.” Eddie says to me, I shake my head viciously. I’m going to end up breaking it off with Eddie, I don’t need him anymore. His just irritating me. “You going to ever talk” I shrug “Do you even love me anymore?” I shake my head, it’s the truth. If I said yes I would be lying to him. “Then it’s over I guess.” I shrug and look out of the window, all there is are trees and fields. So boring life is, not worth it to be honest.

We roll up to Eddie’s house first and he gets out, everyone thanks him for going and all look at me. I smile at him and look out the window again.

“Francesca, this has to stop now!” my dad says in the driver’s seat “I’m talking to you Francesca Mare and I will not be ignored!” my dad shouts to me, I just roll my eyes. He gets out of the car and opens my car door. He drags me out and shakes me viciously.

“Roberto!” My mom shouts.

“Say something girl! Say something!”

“Roberto. Calm down.”

“God damn it Eva! How can you be so calm? Our child is muted. She has been like this for four weeks!”

“You are hurting her.” My mom shouts at my dad.

“No I’m not!” he shouts back at her, I can’t take it anymore

“Stop shouting over me!” I finally say

“She speaks” I hear Noah say in the car, so he wasn’t worried about me.

“I’m fed up of everyone worrying about me! I’m fine okay look at me I’m fine!” I say breaking down. “Can’t you leave me to grieve I lost a friend and I lost my best friend in the whole universe!”

“We can honey, but you not talking or eating is not grief it’s a problem.” My mom says to me

“Well I don’t see it as an issue.” I say

“We do!” My dad shouts in my face

“Can you stop shouting in my face!”

“I’ve had enough.” My dad says

“So have I.” I mumble, he gets into the car and starts back up the engine.

“Roberto, what are you doing now?” My mom asks him, he says nothing before I know it his driving off without me! I could hear my mom screaming at him to go back for me but he kept on driving until I couldn’t see them.

“Francesca.” Eddie says to me, I’m totally in shock that my dad just did that to me. “Are you okay?”

“I’m I suppose to be okay.” I say to him

“I keep on trying and trying to make you feel okay about what has happened but your having none of it.” He says

“I don’t know how to feel anymore Eddie, I’m trying to show you some kind of love but I just can’t feel anymore.” I burst out crying, Eddie walks over to me and hugs me.

“One step at a time then.” He whispers, I nod. “We need to communicate more, Francesca.”

“I understand.”

“Good because I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” I kiss him on the lips and he pulls me in closer. “Can I stay at yours tonight?”

“Of course you can baby.” He takes my hand and walks me to the door, my phone vibrates. It’s a text from an unknown number.

I’m okay Fran, I’m not dead. I’m safe in Australia with Brad. Everything is great, it really is me your best friend Megan Duff xxx Don’t tell anyone I’m alive, I just had to run away with Brad to get away from everything and start a new life. I love you babes, your my sister for life, Brad says hello and says not to worry about him either. Don’t call me or text me, I know what you are probably saying anyway. I hope you cried at well at my funeral! Xxxxxxxxxxxx

“IS THIS SOME SICK JOKE!” I shout out into the world.

“What’s wrong Francesca?”

“Read this.” I stuffed my phone into his hand, I could see his eyes moving and the expression on his face.

“Oh my gosh, do you think it’s true?”

“Do you?”

“No!” he says

*

I was thinking about it all night although not the time when Eddie and I were you know. What if it is true? Megan’s coffin wasn’t open or anything, there was no news from Brad about his funeral or body being found. I just have to call the number. I get my phone from the bed side table and dial unknown number, the dial ring was different.

“I thought I told you not to call!” That was Megan’s voice, I quickly hung up and turned off my phone, she’s alive and I have to keep it a secret. She’s alive.

“What’s wrong baby?” Eddie says waking up.

“She’s alive.” I say with a smile

Francesca will return for another journey in Different Lives and Different People coming out August  2013...

This story was written about two years ago, sorry for any mistakes. I just couldn't be bothered to correct it. And the story line doesn't really make sense but you know, I was yunger blah blah. But thanks for reading haha bye :D