CHAPTER 12 - Misunderstanding

Dahil sa malalim na iniisip tungkol sa narinig na problema ni Gilbert sa negosyo sanhi niya, hindi niya napansin ang isang kasalubong at nabangga niya. Noon ay kagagaling lang niya sa isang meeting at naglalakad siya sa loob ng isang mall.

"Opps! I'm sorry," paumanhin niya. Napalingon ang nakabanggaan niya.

"Hey, it's you!" Gulat na wika ng nakabanggaan ng mapagsino siya.

Kuno't –noong inalala ni Maricon kung saan niya nakita ang lalaking nakabanggaan, dahil pamilyar ito sa kanya.

"It's Omar," pakilala ng lalaki sa kanyang sarili.

"Oh! Yeah, I met you at the cocktail party with Angie right?"

"Good to see you again. What are you doing all alone here?"

"I just got my appointment near this mall."

"You know, I will not let this chance preceded without inviting you for a coffee."

"Sure! Anyway, I just done with my transactions today and I now have free time for a coffee hour," nakangiting sang-ayon naman nito.

Pumasok sila sa isang sikat na coffee shop ng mall.

"So, how do you do?" Umpisang tanong ni Omar habang pareho silang humihigop ng kanilang order na hot coffee.

"There is no unusual."

"Got it, that reminds me of your very business acquainted husband. That's why there you go and busy engaging yourself with his concerns too."

"Should I concluded that you've pointed me as an ever supportive wife?" Nakangiting tanong ni Maricon.

Napatawa naman si Omar sa kanyang sinabi.

"What about you? What are you doing in the mall?"

"I just got early so I decided to entertain myself from the sight inside the mall, I need to attend later an Art Exhibit at the next building," saka itinuro ang isang malaking building na makikita sa mirror view ng kanilang kinapupuwestuhan.

"Oh, I didn't know that you are interested in Art."

"Actually, I am not. But I just need to escort my uncle as he wished me to join him at the gallery."

"Really, nice of you being an obedient nephew."

"Yeah, I cannot decline him and let him all alone in the exhibit, you know, he is well-known in the business industry and quite awkward on his part if he explores by himself or by his assistant alone."

Tumango-tango lamang si Maricon. "I guess you are his favorite nephew?" Dugtong nyang sabi.

"Well, Uncle Thomas is really as rigid as he is, and no one in Jacob's family wants to get along with him that close except.... Ehem.... Me," pagmamayabang nito.

Nangiti si Maricon, natawa siya sa kausap. Masarap itong kasama at kakuwentuhan. Marami siyang mga bagay na naibibida sa isang normal na usapan.

Biglang napawi ang ngiti nito ng marinig ang pangalan na nabanggit ng kausap, naalala niya bigla ang narinig na usapan ni Gilbert at Lito.

"Wait, are you referring to Mr. Thomas Jacob of the House of Luxury?" Pagkaklaro niya.

"Yeah! I told you he is a well-known businessman. See, even you have happened to know him."

"Yeah, I just heard his name. So you are the nephew?"

"Certainly."

"You know, it happens that I also interested in Art Exhibit. Can I come with you?"