CHAPTER 13 - Courtship

"Ms. Connie Servantes! The girlfriend of Omar at the Art Exhibit last time, Am I remember it right?" Masayang bati sa kanya ni Mr. Thomas Jacob nang puntahan nila ito ni Gilbert sa kanyang opisina.

"Naku, patay nanaman ako nito sa masungit na boss," naisaloob ni Maricon nang makita niyang nagsalubong ang kilay ni Gilbert sa narinig na sinabi ni Mr. Jacob.

"Yes, sir, you remember it right, but there is a tiny thing that you seem to misinterpret. I am not his girlfriend, I am just a friend of Omar, and this is my husband, Gilbert Servantes," marahan at magalang niyang pagtatama, saka kumawit sa braso ni Gilbert ng ipakilala niya ito.

Nag-iba ang ngiti ng kaharap sa sinabi ni Maricon, pero agad naman ding nakabawi ng tumingin at nakipagkamay kay Gilbert.

"I'm sorry for the careless thought about it. Nice meeting you Mr. Servantes."

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Jacob," magiliw ang ngiti nitong bati kay Mr. Jacob.

"Let's have a seat," pag-alok ni Mr. Jacob saka nauna ng gumawi sa kanyang mamahaling couch na nasa loob ng kanyang fully carpeted na opisina.

"Nakikipagboyfriend ka gamit pa ang pangalan ko, you can atleast used your surname instead," kunot-noong bulong ni Gilbert kay Maricon nang saglit na natalikod sa kanila si Mr. Jacob.

"Oh, please, let's move on and let's not argue about it," pagtataray namang sagot ni Maricon.

"I am happy that you visited me Ms. Connie. Or shall I say, Mrs. Servantes," magiliw na wika ni Mr. Jacob nang nakaupo na sila.

"Actually, when I told my husband about you, he got interested to join me in visiting you," nakangiting wika ni Maricon.

"Well, what is all about it, Mr. Servantes?" Baling ni Mr. Jacob kay Gilbert.

"To be frank with you Mr. Jacob, I want to offer you a business deal."

"Oh! Such a straight forward businessman! I think I like your attitude," tumango-tangong sabi ni Mr. Jacob.

Inilabas ni Gilbert ang dalang proposal at iniabot sa matanda.

"Well, I am impressed with your proposals," komento nito matapos ang medyo mahabang puwang ng pagbabasa sa iniabot na proposals. "But you have quite bulk orders with the given short expand of time of productions," dugtong nito.

"I know. But I already studied the capabilities of your company beforehand, and with the huge productions you have, I am pretty sure that you can facilitate my orders in due time."

Napatawa ng malakas si Mr. Jacob. "I am pleased with what you have said, Mr. Servantes. And that's very true, that our company can handle bulk of orders despite our different client's demand. That's how I played with the business industry."

"I never worry to pursue my business proposal with your company. I am looking forward to having a business deal with you if you will consider my proposals."

"It is not because I want to grab the opportunity to do business with you or not, but I still need to study and hand over to my directors the abrupt and bulk orders you are dealing with us."

"I know that exactly."

"For the meantime, do you want to visit the production site and the stock rooms?"

"Yes, that's much better."

"Come, I'll show you around," magiliw na aya nito sa dalawa.

Dantay ang kamay ni Gilbert sa baywang si Maricon na sumunod kay Mr. Jacob.

"You know, this is the first time that I am personally touring a prospect client in the whole plant area," pagmamalaki nito.

"And we're pleased about it Mr. Jacob, and so that means that I am a top priority?" Pagbibiro ni Gilbert sa tinuran ng huli.