Chapter 16: ✔️

Chapter 16: The Forgotten Best Friend

( EDITED ) ✔️ 10/6/16

Autumn's POV

"Explain. Now." I said sternly.

Emily jumps off of Harry's lap. She straightens out her messy hair and approaches me warily. She looks at me cautiously and says,"Look Autumn this may look really wrong and I bet your confused, but I can explain."

"Explain what? You have been lying to me this whole time! Why haven't you told me? Do you even trust me? I thought best friends were suppose to tell each other everything." I yelled. I can't believe this. The only reason he's with her is because he wants to get in her pants.

Tears filled her eyes and roles down her cheeks. She bellowed,"Yes of course I trust you! I just-"

"Just what? If you really trusted me then you would have told me this sooner!"

"I wanted too, but I knew you wouldn't approve because of your damn fetish you still have towards Louis!" She screamed.

"Your right, I don't approve! But not because of my hatred towards Louis! It's because Harry is a player, Emily. Get this though your head! This has nothing to do with Louis and I. I'm trying to save you from getting your heart broken!" I yelled.

Harry tries to object into this argument but I hold up a hand. He shuts up immediately.

Emily's tear stained face turns into burning anger,"You don't have the right to tell me what I should or shouldn't do! We all know that this is about your relationship with Louis! Just let it go already, Autumn! He made a mistake, but people change! I've changed, Harry has changed, Louis has changed. So stop taking all your anger out on Harry and I's relationship!"

I see Harry come up behind Emily. He puts a hand on her shoulder and looks at me with a stern look. I glare back at him evenly. He is already making my best friend turn against me. My throat begins to tighten with the oncoming emotion. I have never gotten into a fight with Emily before. Our first fight is wasted on boys.

"Please, Emily this has nothing to do with Louis. I'm really trying to help you! Why can't you just trust me on this?" I pleaded.

Emily glares at me as she takes ahold of Harry's hand in hers. "Grow up, Autumn! We're not kids anymore, I don't need anyone guarding my personal life! Damn, you can be so clingy sometimes!"

My face falls and I feel a dead weight fall in my chest. My throat suddenly feels thick. I can't swallow properly. Your so clingy! Those words sound strikingly familiar.

Tears filled my eyes. I can't believe I actually have tears left in my body, but it seems that I do. Maybe if I just stayed at college, continued with my career, stayed with Joe, my life would have stayed normal. None of this would be happening.

I build up the courage and say though the tears,"Fine. If I'm so clingy then don't come crying to me when your sad and heartbroken because of this bloody bastard." I whispered while pointing to the curly headed boy who currently has his hand wrapped in Emily's.

I turn around and walk up to my bedroom. I slam the door causing the walls to shake slightly. My shoes squeak on my wooden floor as I run into my bathroom. I lock the door and fall due to my knees shaking tremendously. I bring my knees to my chest and let the tears fall.