Chapter 38:

*I wasn't going to update this weekend but here I am...writing....I think I have a serious problem. :/

* One week later *

Louis's POV

One week. One week is all it took for me to completely shut out the world. I haven't ate, drank, or slept for days. I would occasionally talk, but not often. I can't even look at my own son without being reminded of the girl that I love. That night...the night she disappeared...I drove home cursing under my breath.

I didn't mean too. I didn't want to intentionally kiss Eleanor. She's my ex girlfriend that happens to look exactly like my girlfriend. At first I never even knew or cared that Eleanor was coming back into town. She just showed up at the hospital out of the blue, seeing how I was doing.

Not wanting to be rude I held a conversation with her. She said that she had a new boyfriend by the name of Joe. I didn't ask if it happened to be Joe Jonas. If it was I would have killed him knowing that he hurt my princess. We talked for several minutes until we got onto the subject of Autumn.

Eleanor asked questions such as,"How is she?" Or she would ask,"Are you still together?" Being the polite gentleman I was I answered back with detail. I was getting so carried away with the conversation that I leaked one of my secrets.

I was going to propose to Autumn on her mother's wedding day.

Eleanor was ecstatic, but I couldn't help but see a twinkle of anger shining behind her bright brown eyes. She asked so many questions that I didn't even get to answer them all. Then she offered to help me set up the proposal. I was hesitant at first. Should I really take my ex girlfriend to pick out my future fiancé's ring?

I shook my head,"I don't know, Eleanor. I think I can handle this on my own." I said hesitantly. Eleanor wasn't even supposed to know about the engagement.

Eleanor pouted her lip playfully and tugged on my arm. My butt began to cramp in these hard, plastic hospital chairs. I silently prayed that Autumn would hurry up with Alfie. "Come on, Lou! Admit it. . . You know nothing about girls and what they like! I can help you in that department! Please!" She pleaded.

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an offense. I glanced at the elevators but there was no sign of Autumn. Then I glanced back at Eleanor. Her brown eyes pleaded almost looking like a lost puppy. I sighed, finally giving in.

What could go wrong?

"Fine. But we need to keep this between us. I want Autumn to be totally caught off guard when I propose to her in front of her mom and Jimmy." I said sternly. Eleanor nodded and glanced over my shoulder. I followed her gaze to see a mad Autumn storming towards Eleanor. Autumn's left hand was clenched together while her other one hand Alfie's carrier. She set his carrier on the ground and brought her one fist up.

I immediately got up and held her back. She was pissed off at first but then we explained it to her. I hated lying to her; it made me feel suddenly guilty. Eleanor apologized and Autumn released her clenched fist. I could still tell she was wary of Eleanor but easily placed a fake smile to cover it up.

Eleanor dismissed herself giving me a wave goodbye. She also sent a sly wink my way but I chose to ignore it. I took Autumn's hand in mine relishing the heat and warmth that she gave me. I think about our bright future together. Alfie will be our son, she will be my lovely, beautiful wife and we will have more children running around our house. The thought of making love with her filled my mind. I can't wait until we're married to start a family.