Chapter 15: ✔️

Chapter 15: The Forgotten Best Friend

( EDITED ) ✔️ 9/20/16 - My Birthday :)

Autumn's POV

Once I started to calm down I realized that I was still in Louis's arms. I quickly shook his arms off of me and stood up. I can't fall for him again. I just can't, and being in his arms about five seconds ago was not helping my case.

I brushed my hair back and began walking to my car. This can't be happening again. I will not let this happen again. My feet made little clapping noises as I got closer to my car. A warm hand enclosed my elbow and pulled me back suddenly.

"Let me go." I said sternly.

Louis looks at me with a blank stare. "Autumn, you almost got hit by a bloody car and now your just going to go back to ignoring me again? What's wrong with you? I just saved your life, Autumn! At least tell me why you were crying? I can help."

"Louis it's none of your business to know why I'm crying. It doesn't concern you and if I told you you wouldn't even care. Thank you but I need to go."

I need to go before I fall for you again.

His hand is still held firmly on my elbow. I feel warm tingles shoot through my arm. Oh hell no. Louis says,"Autumn please talk to me! It's probably not even that bad. I still care."

Tears begin to sprout in my eyes again. Joe. Joe caused this. Joe made me cry, which led me to me almost get hit, which led me to be stuck with Louis.

Louis reaches up to wipe away my tears. I pull away and say,"M-my boyfriend." Ex boyfriend now.

Louis's face turns into anger,"What did he do?"

My eyes drift to the ground. Why am I even telling him this? Why does he suddenly care? Why am I still talking to him?

Because you like to be around hi-

Shut up brain.

Tears role down my cheeks. I'm so sick of crying.

Louis's hand lifts my head. He whispers,"Autumn, you can tell me."

I mumbled out quickly,"He's cheating on me."

Louis's hand drops from my elbow and I feel strong arms wrap around me. He's hugging me. Louis whispers into my hair,"I'm so sorry Autumn. He's a f***ing idiot to not see what he is missing out on. You deserve much better."

Louis was actually being nice. My stomach started to get queasy. My plan to ignore him hasn't been working that well. Maybe I need a new plan. All of a sudden I feel hot breath fan across the back of my neck. Goosebumps spread across my skin and I shiver in delight.

Louis pulls back,"I know you l-loved him Autumn. He's an idiot for even thinking about cheating on you. I'm going to help you. "

He's going to help me? He can't help me. I still love Joe! I can't just forget my...second love!

My voice trembles. I feel so vulnerable. "H-how? How are you going to help me? I don't even trust you anymore."

Pain flashes across his face. He shakes his head and smiles,"I'm going to help you forget completely about him. Autumn if you didn't trust me...then why did you hug me back?"