Hate and Love

I stayed away from school for the past two months. I couldn't take it anymore and I couldn't stand to see the hurt on Liam's and Savanna's faces. To top it all off I hadn't seen Antonio since after that afternoon he bailed on me. While I was home I had had four more attacks, each more painful then the last.

Summer vacation was coming up in the next two weeks, that meant finals were starting this Monday. I have actually been studying for my exams, I even had my teachers send me my work so I wouldn't fall behind. I figured if I have to go, I might as well let people have good things to say about me when I'm gone. 

It was Sunday evening and I was up in my room, lying on my bed. I really missed school but mostly my friends. I had refused any visitors when I decided to stay away from school and after the first month or so, Liam and Savanna had stopped trying and I honestly didn't blame them. I had treated them so badly but I didn't know how to apologize. They must hate me. 

Antonio never tried to come and visit me though. What a jerk. I thought he really liked me but I guess he only saw me as one of his "targets". I can't believe I ever loved that conceited asshole. I even saw him one day in the mall with one of his little tramps. He didn't even bother to look up much less say hi. He really made me feel like dirt. I wish I could get back at him for leading me on like that.

ANTONIO'S POV

Tomorrow was the day I was going to see Lena again. She posted it on her Facebook page "Back at school for finals" . I read it over and over again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I missed her so much but how could I tell her that. I'm sure she hated me. When I saw her on the mall, I really wanted to go up  to her and talk things out but I just felt so embarrassed about the way I treated her and she didn't deserve that.  Iv'e been trying to get over by dating other girls but they could never compare with way Lena made me feel...even though she wasn't even trying. But how could I deal with the immense pain when she....left, how could I put her through the guilt of knowing she was going to leave me in about three months or so? But the pain of not having her with me every minute of every day is more than agonising. I can't wait until tomorrow, I have to tell her how I feel....now.

HELENA'S POV

It was about 11:00pm and I couldn't fall asleep. I was anxious, nervous, excited maybe? I don't know. I was definitely ready for my exams though but for my social life reuinion, maybe not so much. THUD. What was that? THUD. There it was again. The noise was coming from the window. I went to check it out and as I opened the window, another pebble came flying through the open space. As I peered downwards, sure enough there was someone two stories below on the ground throwing stones at my window.

"Who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing? Do you have any idea what time it is and......."

"Helena...it it's me...I'm so sorry...I just needed to talk to you about something or everything perhaps....and and it's not easy for me to say because I don't usually do this kinda stuff but...I think...no...I know that I love you and..."

Was that Antonio? Yes, that was his sexy, husky voice alright. I raced to the bottom of the staircase and practically ripped the door off it's hinges. As I was running, I forgot all the terrible thoughts I was thinking about Antonio and how he just uses girls and how I wanted to make him jealous all because he said he loved me, HE LOVED ME. And why was I kidding myself, I loved him too.

As soon as I saw him, I launched into his arms like a rocket and kissed him...hard.

"I love you Lena...I love you so much...I can explain...the crappy way...I've been treating you..." He spoke in between breaths.

I looked up at him and put my finger to his now swollen lips. I took his hand and ever so quietly led him up to my bedroom.

There were still alot of things I wanted answers for but for now, I just wanted to be with him.

At least I have someone by my side to face Liam and Savanna tomorrow.

Then I stopped in my tracks. Three more months. I stood still in my tracks for a good three seconds. Thinking.

"Helena, are you alright."

"Um...I'm fine. Let's go before my mom sees you here."