The Fortress

Having well-known relatives, Bella lived her life carefully. Her deceased parents were once famous director and actress while her Grandma Vita was crowned before as a world-class musical actress. With this, people around her family expected her to follow one of their footsteps but she chose to be an ordinary person. Good thing, her parents and Grandma didn't force her to be like them. So right now, she works as a cat veterinarian because she simply loves cats. She found happiness in them. When she was still living with her Grandma, she was not allowed to bring cats because of her Grandma's allergy to animals. But only two years ago, she finally able to persuade her Grandma to allow her in living by herself and as soon as she achieved her independence, she bought a cat then founded a shelter for cats and become the only doctor.

"Holla Annabella!"

She rolled her eyes at Brooke who just entered her office together with Skylar, these two are her crazy best friends since middle school. "What are you both doing here?" When they both gave her a knowing grin, she groan inwardly as she knew that they are up to something.

"Remember Macy?"

She nodded. That woman was Skylar's office mate and they became somehow an acquaintance. "What about her?"

"She is getting married and her close friends arranged a bridal shower this coming weekend for her."

She frowned. "And?" Then she frowned more as they both sigh in disappointment. "What?"

"She wanted the three of us to be there too."

Bella immediately shakes her head. "Spare me. You know that I don't go to that kind of event."

"You are really missing the half of your life."

She chuckled. "This shelter is my life."

They both snorted. "This shelter won't give you toe curling orgasm."

She found herself laughing. These kind of words used to shock her but eventually she gotten used to it. Thank goodness. "I don't need that. I am fine with what is happening in my life."

"Seriously? With these little monsters?"

She glared at them. "They are not monsters. They are lovely creatures that need attention and care."

"Oh geez. It's creepy."

She laugh again. "It is not. Anyway, you two attend that bridal shower. After that, stay at my apartment. I have new sets of movies."

They sigh once more. "You already got your independence, you should do what you weren't able to do before." 

She pout. "I already have my shelter and Bamba at home."

They only rolled their eyes. When Bella got home, she smiled upon seeing Bamba then carries it like a baby. While changing her clothes, her phone rings and smiled widely as it shown Clarke's name on the screen. Her childhood friend and currently living overseas. "Holla Hobbit!"

She chuckled. "What is it, Darth Vader?"

He laugh. "Chase and I will go there next month." He is talking about his older brother who was her childhood friend as well. Their family migrated when she entered middle school but the communication between them continues.

"Really? Why?"

"So your wedding with him will push through."

She groan. "Shut up."