Officially

Since Hunter's short vacation with Annabella ended, they never failed to see each other after that. He was always visiting her at the shelter or at her place as he knew that she was not truly comfortable in going at The Fortress and from his point of view, whatever relationship they have now is a mutual understanding between them but it was not enough for him. He wanted her fully. He wanted to officially label whatever they have so tonight, he is going to pour out all his feelings and he knew that it will be reciprocated. Her respond to his kisses was the proof. Then he found himself smiling because the imaginary moments on his head with her are now finally happening. Though he was still a bit apprehensive on how her grandmother will react to her growing relationship with him but he doesn't give a damn, what matters to him is only Annabella. He patiently waited for this relationship to happen and though he believed that she was out of his league, that he doesn't deserve her, still, he will do everything to keep her because he was simply mad in love with her.

"Man, that creepy smile again." Blake entered his office room with an amused face. He only smirked. "Anyway, everything is set already."

He stands up. "Great. You're really handy."

Blake chuckled then check the time. "So you're leaving now?"

"Yeah. No disturbance, okay?"

Blake laugh. "Alright. As you wish."

He grinned. "Thanks."

After a while, Hunter left the office and starts to travel going to Annabella's apartment. In an hour, it is going to be her thirtieth birthday and he asked Blake's help to organize his surprise for her. He just hope that his plans for tonight will work out. If not, he has a plan B anyway.

Later on, he reached her place then as soon as he saw her, he did his usual greetings to her. A thorough kiss and her face was bright red when their kiss ended. "Ready?"

She smiled shyly then nodded. "Where are we going?"

"It's classified."

She pout. "Don't tell me you're going to bring me to an amusement park."

He grinned. "I won't tell you."

She only giggled but excitement was visible on her face. As they reached an open field of a middle school ground, Annabella gasped lightly when they started to walk then looked at him like he made a miracle. "How did you do this?"

Hunter laugh as they continue to walk until they stopped at the center where a blanket was placed at the grass then there are different kind of finger foods and wine on the blanket. And of course her birthday cake placed on a cooler. There were even some balloons and also a spotlight was on. "Technically, everything was Blake's doing. I asked his help to set this up. You like it?"

She quickly nodded while biting her lower lip like she was shy. "I never experienced how was it is to celebrate my birthday outside."

He smirked. "This is not only a birthday celebration." When she frowned, he grinned. "I knew you've never been into date when you were studying so this is a date as well."

She snorted. "How sure you are that I really didn't date back then?"

That made him scowl. Did he fail in stalking her before? "Name that bastard."

She pout. "Why would I?" When his scowl got deeper, she giggled. "Chase and Clarke were the only guys that I have gotten close." Then she lean towards him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for this gift."

His face turned to smug. "You know how to pay me."

She giggled then they both seated on the blanket. "Did Devin prepare this?" She asked as she started to eat a sandwich.