Longing (R)

It's more than two years already since Bella became Hunter's wife and he is not just her husband anymore, he became her greatest best friend as well. They did a lot of things together and their married life is almost too perfect as the only thing that lacks in their lives is a baby. Though he understands her condition, still, she knew that he is longing already to have his own child. He even volunteered himself to get checked because according to him, maybe the problem is him too. But as she expected, he is perfectly fine so she is really the problem and she can't help but to feel insecure.

"Macy is inviting us for her daughter's first birthday." Skylar said while they are having their dinner at a nearby restaurant from the shelter.

"Oh time sure flies fast! Let's go then." Brooke said excitedly then the two looked at her. "The kid's birthday is on Valentine's Day so you discuss this to your husband, but he probably knew about this already."

She smiled. "Yeah, sure." Then her attention diverted to the entrance of the restaurant because a man and woman entered with a kid in his arm. She suddenly pictured Hunter in that kind of moment.

"Bella."

She got startled then looked back to her friends and smiled sheepishly. "I just honestly feel envy."

The two looked at her warmly then hold her hands. They also know her condition now. "Don't be. You'll have your own at the right time."

"Yeah. Keep the faith, okay?"

She smiled gratefully at them then just nodded. She was also lucky to have these amazing girl friends. Nothing changed even she got married as they still often see each other. Well, Hunter was very supportive. After dinner, Bella parted ways with them and she went back to her apartment. As soon as she entered, she giggled because her and Hunter's pets welcomed her. "You all missed me? I think I know why." She said as she carried Bamba. Then the rest followed her when she went to the kitchen room. "Have a feast, everyone." She said after she served food to each of them. "Mommy will just change clothes, okay?"

Then she went to the bedroom and go down again after having a bath. After sending Hunter a message, Bella clean the mess that their pets made. When she is done, she rested herself in the couch and decided to watch a movie while waiting for Hunter. But while in the middle of movie, she suddenly feel sleepy so she yawn and closed her eyes. She doesn't know how long she is sleeping when she felt familiar warmth on her cheek. She sleepily open her eyes then a smile automatically formed on her lips upon seeing Hunter. "Hey, baby. Sorry I am late."

She slowly sits up then checks the time. It's past midnight already. Since he went back to work after their wedding, he normally goes home around eleven in the evening. "It's okay. Have you eaten already?"

He nodded then kissed her forehead. "Continue your sleep at the bed."

She just let him pull her until they entered their bedroom. "Too busy?" She asked him after he joined her in the bed. He just finished bathing.

"A little bit." Then he pulled her against him.

"I already told you to go back to your normal schedule."

"And I already told you that I won't. I need to see you before you sleep."

She chuckled as she buried her face into his neck. "Then after seeing me fall asleep, go back to The Fortress."

"I won't definitely do that." Then he squeezed her into him. "Besides, Blake and Devin are there. They'll take care of the business."

She smiled then lifted her head to look into his eyes. "By the way, we are going to the first birthday of Macy's daughter this weekend, right?"