Chapter six

"Holland! I'm coming in!" I hear my mom screech outside of the door. I turn around to face the back of my couch as she walks in. She stops in her tracks and gasps. Oh crap, Aaliyah is in my bed I turn around as she looks at Aaliyah and touches her shoulder. I notice Aaliyah's eyes flutter open and she yawns. Her yawn is adorable. She rolls on her back to look at who's touching her shoulder. I hop up from the couch. I stop in my tracks when I notice how alike they look. They have the same facial structure and hair color are the same. My mouth drops to the ground.

"Who is this?" My mom asks looking at me.

"Mom, this is Aaliyah-"

"Waters?" She says, I notice her eyes getting glassy. I nod my head. Aaliyah sits up and looks at my mom. She turns her head to me and I see years forming in her eyes. Okay what's going on? Is this something girls do when they meet new girls? Why are the both emotional? Oh maybe it's because they are on, oh ok. I back away slowly so I don't start getting emotional too. I mean who knows what could happen right? She turns back to face my mom.

"Aaliyah, I'm Danielle," my mom says. Here come the water works.

"Danielle was my mom's name," Aaliyah says. Her mom's name?! What?! Was Aaliyah adopted too?

"Aaliyah are you deaf?" My mom asks putting her hand on Aaliyah's head. Aaliyah nods. My mom runs her hand down her hair I see tears rolling down her face, okay what is this?

"The last time I saw you was when you where five, your hair was much shorter then. My how you've grown up," my mom says lovingly.

"Are you my birth mother?" Aaliyah asks. Her voice is quiet, and I can see sobs wracking her body. I sit back down on my couch.

"Yes, Aaliyah, I am," she says giving her a hug. Aaliyah's sobs got bigger and louder. Oh heavens please tell me this doesn't mean that her and I are related.

"You two get ready, we're going out for lunch," my mom says letting go of Aaliyah ad signing what she just said to Aaliyah. Oh my gosh, why didn't I ever think of that? I speak sign language too. Aaliyah signs something and my mom leaves. Aaliyah stands up and walks over to me and sits next to me. She lays her head down on my shoulder and continues to sob. I put my arm around her and she scoots closer to me. After she's done crying she scoots away from me and turns to face me and sits cross cross apple sauce.

"So does this mean we are siblings?" she signed with a disappointed look on her face.

"I hope not," I sign back as I looked at her. There was no way we could be siblings right? I mean I look nothing like any of my family.

"Me too," she sighs after she's done signing. She half smiles. "I don't have anything to wear," she signs after a while. I smile at her.

"Come with me," I sign and stand up. She nods and stands up. I walk to me small closet and open it.

"I'm not wearing your clothes," she says quietly adding a quiet laugh. I part my clothes and hit a red button. The two parts of my wall split and opens to a huge closet full of girl clothes. She runs past me into my huge closet. "This is like heaven!" She sings as she spins around. I smile and my heart automatically warms. Man I really hope this girl isn't my sister.

-----------------

"Holland can you help me?" I hear from the bathroom. I knock on the door and knock. She opens it and smiles at me. "Will you help me curl the back of my hair?" she asks. I smile back and nod. She hands me a curling iron without a clip on it I laugh. "What?" she asks putting her hands on her hips.

"How do you curl your hair without a clip?" I ask. She picks up a loose strand of her hair and wraps it around the barrel, going from the thick part of the barrel down to the small part. I nod my head and take the clipless curler. I gently pick up a piece of her hair and wrap it around the curler like how she showed me. I hold it there for five seconds and let it fall down her back. Her hair is longer than I thought, it goes down to her mid-back and its very soft. I finish curling her hair, and I walk out into the hall and she follows me.

"Spin," I say to her. She spins around and the smell of her perfume hits me. She smells good, kind of like candy. She stops and puts her arms out. She is wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and white converse.

"Oh I forgot!" she says walking back into the bathroom

"Oh I forgot!" she says walking back into the bathroom. She walks out with a flower crown and she smiles at me. "Will you help me put this on?" She asks handing me the crown. I nod and carefully put it on top of her head.

"I always knew you were a princess," I say smiling at her. I put my hand on her cheek and she leans into and puts her hand on mine. She smiles and closes her eyes. She sighs and opens her eyes. She remover her hand from mine and lifts her head up.

"Thank you Holland," she says.

"For what Lees?" I ask.

"For caring about me, most guys only want me for my looks. They don't even seem to see me for me or care what I'm like. They just want to use me, but when they find out I'm deaf they don't want anything to do with me," she says smiling sadly.

"Well I care about you a lot Aaliyah," I say. She stands on her tip toes and kisses my cheek.

"I care about you too," she says tucking her hair behind her ear shyly. Her face turns red and it's the cutest thing ever.

"Are you guys ready?" My mom shouts. I put my hand under her chin and lift her head up.

"Its time to go," I say. She smiles nervously. She nods and we walk down the hall to meet my mom.

Hello Loves,
I hope you like the new update! Please comment vote and share! Thank you for the votes and comments! They are very appreciated! If you want to know when updates are and follow my account and the book more closely my Instagram is @lovekennedy100
Love Kennedy! ❤️