Chapter 22

Gracelynn, Malory, and I sat there awkwardly. "I thought you had last hour alone," Malory says crossing her arms over her chest. I could tell that she was upset, not mad upset, dissapointed upset.

"I did, but Holland has it this hour too. I didn't know until he walked into the office I swear," Gracelynn promises. Malory shakes her head and looks at me.

"Well you coulda texted me, or something," Malory looks over qt me, "qnd Holand what would your girlfriend say about you hanging out alone in a room with a girl?" She interrogates me. I shrug my shoulders. She can't be serious right now.... I am in a class.

"Malory it's a class, it's not like we are alone in my room or something," I reply. She scoffs as the phone in the office starts to ring. Gracelynn stands up and goes to answer it. Malory pushes the office door open and walks away. I look at Gracelynn as she talks on the phone. This school is nothing like I thought it would be.

"Holland will you take these papers down to Mrs. James' classroom?" Gracelynn asks while handing me a huge stack of papers. I nod as I look at the stack. "She is in room 117," I nod once again and leave the office. I walk down the bland hallway and watch the rows of faded greed lockers pass me. I couldn't help but miss Aaliyah, and our school.

I walk into Mrs. James' classroom and hand her the papers. As I turn around I see Malory glaring at me hadcore. I roll my eyes and walk to the door as she walks to the teachers desk as I walk out of the door. As I walk down the hall I feel someone grab my arm and spin me around. Before I can even fathom what just happened I'm pushed against the lockers and a handle is stabbing me in the back.

"You listen to me Holland, I can ruin your relationship in seconds, you better stay away from Grace!" She threatens me. I breathe out slowly. I cannot lose my cool.

"Malory, I don't know what you are so worried about, I mean Grace is super cool and stuff, but she's not my type or my girlfriend," I tell her as I grab her wrists and take her hands off of my shoulders.

"Get your hands off of me!" She says ripping her wrists out of my hands.

"Dude, you needa chill," I say putting my hands on her shoulders, "tell me what's up," I tell her. Her head falls and she closes her eyes.

"Her and I are in a secret relationship, and no one knows. You have to swear not to tell anyone," she says. I nod.

"Okay, I won't tell anyone I promise," I tell her. I could tell she felt a little bit better now. I walk away from her and back to the office. I sit in my chair and look at Gracelynn. She was braiding her hair.

"Grace, when does the bell ring?" I ask as the bell rings. She looks at me and smiles.

"I just did, I'll talk to you later," she says standing up and throwing her galaxy backpack over her shoulder.
----------

"Mom I'm home!" I yell when I walk through the door. I walk into the kitchen and see a note on the fridge.

Holland, I'm going in for my ultrasound. See you when I get home.
Love, Mom.

I walk to my room and lay on my bed. I didn't know what to do. I mean I had done all my homework during Office Aid. I could watch a movie, but my phone is dead and our T.V. isn't hooked up yet. I could unpack, but that doesn't seem like fun. I sit up on my bed and look around. All of the boxes were stacked on the whole right side of my room. Ugggg. I take my phone out of my backpack and plug it in. I turn on my radio and start to unpack. I put my shirts in one pile, my pants in one pile, and my socks and boxers in another one.

As I finish the fifth box I hear my mom shout my name. Thankful that I don't have to continue unpacking I roll over my bed and run downstairs.

I see Chinese food on the table and grab a paper plate. I pile food on the plate until I hear my mom clear her throat behind me. I give her a wide smile. "I swear I was going to save some for everyone else too," I tell her. She rolls her eyes and pats my shoulder and reaches around me and grabs a plate.  She bumbs me out of her way an starts to put food on her plate.

"How was school, Holl?" She asks as she sits down at the table. I shove a spoon of rice in my mouth and shrug my shoulders.

"It was fine," I reply.

"Did you make any friends?" She asks.

"Yeah, their names are Malory, Gracelynn, and Chase. There are a few more too. They are really nice. I think you'd like them," I tell her. She smiles and nods happily. I could tell that my mom was happy about this new found information.

"Mom, when are the babies due?" I ask curiously.

"In about 4 months," she tells me. I nod.