Chapter 10

I stand and take in what I was just told. I thought my mom couldn't have kids anymore. I shake my head and walk back outside. What am I supposed to do? I slide into the truck and put my face in my hands. This can't be happening.  I feel a hand on my back and look up to meet Aaliyah's gaze. She smiles softly at me. "Whatever is wrong, I promise it'll be alright," she reassures me. I give her a weak smile.

"I don't knew about that Lees, but thanks," I say. I look forward and watch the raindrops fall onto the windshield. How? Why? What makes mom think that it's a good idea to have another child? Kat starts to drive, and I don't question her. I pull my seatbelt over my body and buckle it. I watch as the cars pass by. Aaliyah taps my shoulder, and I look over at her. She smiles and unbuckles my seatbelt.

"Yeah?" I ask as the ignition shuts off. Aaliyah gets out of the car and opens door. She laces her fingers through mine and pulls me out of the truck. Raindrops start to hit my face. I look at her curiously as she pulls me onto the wet grass. I decide to just go with whatever she's doing. She smiles sweetly as she places my hand on her hip and places her hand on my shoulder and music starts to play from my truck.

"Follow my lead," she whispers. I not and she starts to dance.

I don't think that I've heard this song.

These hearts adore, everyone the other beat heart is for
Inside this place is warm
Outside it starts to pour

Coming down
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirts, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing I really wanna tell you about, no no no
'Cause it's too cold, whoa
For you here
And now, so let me hold, whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

'Cause it's too cold, whoa
For you here
And now, so let me hold, whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

Whoa, whoa, whoa

Whoa, whoa whoa
Whoa, whoa whoa
Whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa whoa
Whoa, whoa

'Cause it's too cold, whoa
For you here
And now, so let me hold, whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

It's too cold, whoa
For you here
And now, so let me hold, whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

It's too cold, it's too cold
The hands of my sweater

The music fades and another song comes on. I believe this song is by Panic! At The Disco, I think it may be called Collar Full. Aaliyah smiles at me as she continues to dance. Even if we aren't dancing to the beat this is super fun. We danced for three more songs in silence. By the time the 5th song was over we were soaked to the point that water was dripping from our faces, hair, and clothes. With our hands still intertwined we walked back to my car and got inside. Aaliyah was shivering so I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to me. She curls  up right next to me. She puts her head on my shoulder and yawns. I rub my hand up and down her arm.

"You're so sweet," Kat says smiling at me. "I can tell that she really likes you, and vice versa. Be good to her."

"Trust me I will be good to her. I promise," I say kissing Aaliyah's forehead, even though she can't hear me I feel like she doesn't need to hear it to know that I will.
--------

When we get back to Aaliyah's house I pull her onto my lap and very carefully get out of the truck. I carry her into her house and her eyes flutter open.

"Hi," she says smiling up at me. I smile back at her and smile.

"Hi beautiful, how are you feeling?" I ask. She sneezes right on que. "I would feel terrible if you got sick to make me feel better," I say sadly.

"Don't, you're worth getting sick for," She says smiling at me. Aw she's so sweet. 

"So are you," I tell her as I stop in her living too. She jumps from my arms and faces me. She stands up on her tip toes and kisses my cheek.

"I'm glad you're smile is back, I missed it," she says ruffling my hair and walking back to her room. I smile. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to a smirking Kat.

"You're totally whipped dude," she states. I roll my eyes.

"You're crazy Kat, I've legit been her friend for like maybe 3 or four days, I'm not 'whipped' and I'm not in love or whatever, but I do really like her. I mean I guess we have talked for longer then that, however we have never really been friends, I til now," I say. She whips out her phone and smiles at me.

"You're whipped," she says in a song songy voice as she does a weird dance thing. I roll my eyes. I'm really glad that Aaliyah can't hear her right now. Laughing  comes from behind me and I know that it's Aaliyah's. I turn and she's wearing bright pink joggers with white hearts all over them and she's wearing a black and white Twenty one Pilots hoodie, and can I just say She looks adorable. I notice that she's holding something in her hand. She walks over to her TV and puts the CD in the side of the TV, cool. After all the credits and movie trailers and the play menu comes up I see the movie title. TWILIGHT. Noo! I groan as the doorbell rings.

"Pizzas here!" Kat yells from the front door. I pump my fist. Yes! I hope they got something besides cheese. I sit on the couch and wait for the pizza. Aaliyah comes to me, holding a remote. She smiles and looks at the couch space next time shyly. I pay the spot next to me and say "Come sit by me Lees,"  I request. She smiles and sits down next to me.

"Sstart the movie!" Kat demands as she sits next to Aaliyah with the pizza in her hand.