Chapter 18

We were going to talk about moving. I walk over to my bed and sit down. My mom sat by me and gave me a hug. "Holland, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about moving," she says. I rest my head on her shoulder and nod. I knew she was sorry, and I have a feeling she doesn't want to move as much as I don't want to. I mean not only did my friends live here, but her friends did too. It kinda sucks though because I'm a senior, plus I'm more than half way through the school year.

"It's okay mom, I just don't understand why we are moving. I thought that we had a spare room, why can't the baby just stay in the spare room? We usually don't have many guests, but when we do they can stay in my room-"

"Holland Hunter! I need to tell you something! But first you need to calm down!" I take a deep breath in and out, "Holland, today when we went into the doctor and we did the ultrasound and the doctor had very great news," she pauses, "I'm not only having one baby, I'm having triplets," she says. I start to cough.

"You're what?!" I demand. I thought I was getting one sibling, but now I'm getting three?

"I'm having triplets!" she says with a wide smile.

"So what you're saying is that you, dad, and I would basically each have our own child to take care of?" I ask.

"I mean, no, I'll need your help, but you will still have your life," my mom says. I nod. Well I'm glad I'll at least still have a life. I sigh and fall back onto my bed. I can't believe this.. I'm going to have to either have a long distance relationship, or I'm going to have to break things off with Aaliyah. Life is about to get difficult, and I honestly have no idea what to do about it. 

--------

I watch as Martin and my mom look at the house. I am currently sitting in the car and pouting. I realize now that this move may be harder than I thought. The house they are looking at right now is one and a half hours away from everything I care about, and I think the worst part is that I'll be away from what I've known for my whole 18 years on this earth. I watch as my mom nods her head and shakes the realtor's hand.  They just finalized the sale. My mom nods vigorously while the realtor talks. I want to roll down my window to see what they are talking about, however I decide that I didn't really want to listen to my mom and Martin finalize the last little bit of whatever it was that they were finalizing. 

Martin and my mom hop into the car and start to talk about what they are going to sale our current house for. I really could care less. "Holland Hunter Boyce, stop being such a baby about this and look at it as an adventure. Don't worry about you not being able to see Aaliyah, there are seven bedrooms, which means she can come and stay whenever she pleases, if her parents will allow it," I nod. I feel a little bit better knowing that Aaliyah would be able to come and stay at our house whenever she wanted, "we are going to move within the next two weeks. I hope you are fine with this," I nod again. My mom is right, there is no need to be upset about something that isn't going to change. We need a new house, it's not all about me anymore. 

When we get home I text Aaliyah and ask if she will come over to help me pack. As I wait for her to get to my house I pull out my duffel bag and suitcases. I decide to start with my socks and pants. As of right now I'm pretty sure we will be in the new house in around three days. I knew the the only reason that we were moving so fast was simply because my mom was excited to decorate a new house. At this point my mom was packing and looking at new furniture, mostly because she wants an 'L' shaped couch instead of the two couches we own now. I knew that she was going to sale all of the furniture within the next few days. The only reason I was certain that she'd get it sold was because she's already gotten five calls on the couches. It was very apparent that this was actually going to happen. Soon I wouldn't even be going to school with Aaliyah, and that made me worry. I mean we aren't official yet which means she could find someone better than me. I anted to be official, but I felt bad at the thought of asking her to be official where I'd be gone in two weeks. I feel like it wouldn't be fair to her to not be able to see me everyday if we were official. All in all I just felt that she deserved someone better than me. Someone that could give her all that she deserved.