The End

Days quickly turned into weeks and those weeks quickly turned into months as I grew more and more used to the laid back life of Malibu. Sage and I became fast friends, but nothing more ever came from that. I was perfectly okay with that. After losing so many people, I needed a friend. I probably wasn't really ready yet for a romantic relationship after Reese. Ryan's band has a concert booked here tonight and Blaze, as promised, is coming with him. I've enlisted Callie to go with me, so now we are sitting in a little cafe eating dinner. We still have about an hour to kill. 

"So, are these guys, like any good?" Callie said through a mouthful of burger. I rolled my eyes. Of course, I knew she would ask. I'm just surprised she hasn't asked if the guys were attractive yet.

"I know the singer is. He's really talented," I said as a blush crept into my cheeks. "But, I've never seen him perform with the rest of his band. Blaze said they're alright, so I'm sure they're pretty good."

"And this Blaze chick is credible?" She asked, taking a sip from her root beer. It's always root beer with that girl. She loves the stuff.

"She was my best friend in England." I defended. "And she's the lead singer's little sister. I think she'd know if they were good or not. 

"I know. But I also know that you guys got into a bad fight.  Plus, Blaze could always have a bias. Ryan is her older brother. Family support. And that you did have a crush on Ryan. " She replied half-heartedly, taking another sip.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed, throwing a fry at her face. It missed horribly and we dissolved into a fit of giggles. "Just give them a chance. And go change! You can't go to a concert in sweats! I thought you wanted to pick up guys!"

"Oh, crap! How much time do we have?" She squealed, grabbing her purse and her bag of clothing. 

"Like a half hour. Go." I nudged. She jumped away quickly and hurtled to the bathrooms. We didn't have time to go all the way back to her place to change. But her parents wouldn't let her out of the house if they knew how she was going to actually dress for the concert.

I sighed and slumped in the booth. I was honestly pretty nervous. I haven't seen Ryan and Blaze in months and I was a little worried that things would be really awkward between us. I'm just happy they  aren't bringing Reese with them. I'd rather die than see him again.

Just as I was thinking that, the bells on the door jingled, indicating that someone was walking in. I turned my head slightly, out of curiosity. Speak of the devil. It was Reese. I hid my face quickly, hoping to God that he didn't notice me.

Apparently that's a little too much to ask for. "Riley!" He exclaimed and started walking over here. I glanced up to notice that he had a huge grin on his face. "Long time no see!" My heart already melted a little at the sound of his voice. The familiarity of it. But I had to hold my ground.

He sat down across from me.

"What do you want?" I asked, keeping my voice level. I was honestly on the brink of tears. Why does this have to happen to me?

"I just wanted..." His voice trailed off helplessly. 

"You just wanted what?" I snapped. "To make me fall in love with you again so you can cheat?"

"No.." He breathed. "I wanted to apologize."

"Yeah, well apology not accepted," I spat out venomously.  How could I accept his apology? He cheated on me!

"I understand." He looked taken aback, but quickly composed himself. "I shouldn't have done that to you, but it was a mistake. I didn't want to hurt you. I love you, Riley."