Contestant #100

It was centuries ago during the magic wars. The Rebellion was out numbered by the Council's army. The leader of the Rebellion, Azmarr Dragnis had his army scatter and disappear. Azmarr was captured. On his execution day he vowed the Rebellion would rise again and destroy the council once and for all. 

    "___! Hurry up! You wanted to participate in the contest right?" Your mom calls. You blink and look at the alarm clock swiftly grabbing your bag and shooting down stairs. 
    "Alright! See you guys!" You call rushing out. 
    The town square was packed with spectators and magic users. You weave through the crowd to the sign up table. A young silver haired wizard sat at the table, smoking two cigars. 
    "Hello I'm here to sign up." You state. He looks up briefly before turning a paper to you.
     "Last entry. Good luck." He says with a puff of smoke. You nod and sign up swiftly grabbing your number and getting in line. You blink. Most of the teenagers in town had to be there. You let out a sigh and look to the sky. 

    "Contestant 100, ___!" The red haired wizard with three scars over his left eye chimes. The crowd grew quiet as you get on stage. No doubt they were surprised that the recluse girl would enter a contest for a chance to be let into Gold Magic Academy. Their curious gazes were on you. 
       You let out another breath lifting your arms fire swirls flashing over your arms before flaring out. "Building sun." You turn your palms up and the flares swirl together and build up into a miniature sun. Some in the crow gasp. You smile a bit and clap your hands together making it glow brighter.
     "Come out Rai!" You hold up your hand making a fire dragon burst forth soaring over the crowd and circling around before disappearing back into the miniature sun and shrinking it to nothing. You stagger slightly panting.  
     The crowd was silent for a long time before cheering wildly. You blink and smile sheepishly.
     "Well done young one. You've shown talent suitable for Gold Academy." A voice rumbles, making you look over as a black haired wizard approaches you, golden eyes making you freeze on spot. 
     "Ah Mihawk! You scared the poor thing!" The red head announcer rumbles putting an arm around you. "That was great!" He adds to you grinning.
     "Shanks, stop you're the one who's scaring her." The silver haired wizard from the sign in table sighs pulling him away from you. "Not bad ___. Head home and pack." 
     "Huh!?" You gasp in surprise. They all smile in approval. 
     "You're going to Gold Academy!"