Creature101

You eased into your next class, blinking at the familiar silver haired man and giving a slight smile. "Hello again." You murmur.

"___ ___, welcome to creature 101..." He greets coming over. "First one to class. I'm Smoker." He offers a hand. You take it and shake it.

"Nice to finally get your name." You smile. He chuckles, and tilts his head for you to follow him to a circle on the floor. You follow watching him curiously.

"Can I use your blood?" He asks peering at your hand.

"Sure, but what for?" You ask giving him your hand.

"Did you know that summoning the most powerful beast for you depends on your blood?" He asks, making a small cut on your finger.

"No, I thought we could just put in power and pull out whatever we want." You murmur.

"You can do that, but that doesn't mean you'll pull out one compatible with your own magic, so it'll be almost useless." He rumbles as you both watch your blood hit the floor. "Tell it to show itself." He murmurs as the circle glows. You nod and let out a breath.

"Show yourself." You breathe. A fiery glow comes over both of you and the ground begins to shake as a pair of giant black and ember cracked claws come out of the circle, cutting into the ground. Smoker pulls you back, boot messing up the circle and causing a flash, you wince blinking a few times seeing the circle was gone.

"... Interesting.... If you ever want to summon your creature you're going to need a big circle... And possibly supervision..." He comments with a slight chuckle. You blink and giggle sheepishly. "Go sit down, they'll be coming in soon." He adds gesturing to the seats.

After you take a seat the students file in. You recognise Kid and Sanji. Sanji was busy arguing with a green haired guy so he didn't spot you. But Kid did. The Phoenix house leader comes up and sits beside you.

"Yo." He greets with a nod.

"Hey Kid, how are ya?" You ask peering at him curiously.

"I'm good, I saw you cause trouble for that Flamingo teacher yesterday... You sure are gutsy..." He sits back in his chair.

"What do you mean?" You inquire carefully.

"He's the type of go that'll make your school life hell. Last year I tried him... Not doing that again." He huffs.

"Oops..." You sigh. "Ah well.. He shouldn't have stolen my food..." You rub your neck. Kid chuckles at that.

"You're really interesting, you know. I can't figure ya out. Especially after being in you..." He looks to the ceiling.

"Y-You what with ___-swans body!?" Sanji bursts overhearing the last part. Kid blinks and you blush, realizing how bad that sounded.

"Nothing you freak! Law just switched our bodies when she first got here.." Kid snorts ill tempered, pink dusting his cheeks.

"Oh yeah, Law mentioned you... I'm Zoro his roommate." The green haired wizard offers you his hand. You take it, giving him a thoughtful smile.

"I'm ___, I think we'll get along great." You muse. He smiles and nods, taking the other seat beside you.

"I know we will."

"Alright class, pay attention, we're beginning." Smoker says gaining everyone's attention before starting his lecture on plant based Creatures. You weren't entirely interested in the subject so your mind wandered off quickly.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

You frown as the creature ducks behind a bucket. "Come on, not this again Audrey... It's time for your medicine..." You murmur reaching out to the pink skinned hobgoblin.

The creature bites your thumb harshly at that, needle like teeth drawing blood before it rushes out of the shed. "Ow! Bloody.... Dammit!" You gasp holding your thumb.

A leaf like hand comes over the wound and you look up at the singing sprite plant. The small pixie face on the steam smiles and starts to sing, but to you it sounded like the sweetest whistle tune. You watch as it glows briefly. It removes it's hand and you look to find you were healed.

"Heh... Thanks... Are you thirsty?" You ask grabbing the water can. It opens its mouth happily in response. You chuckle thoughtfully and water it and the other plants. For a moment forgetting the troublesome hobgoblin until you hear someone calling your name...

~~~~~

"___." Smoker repeats and you blink back.

"Yes?" You ask.

"Can you tell me about this plant creature here?" He points with his ruler. You blink and smile thoughtfully.

"Yeah, that's a singing pixie, they sing when they're happy, or if they're healing something, it's their special magic... Though to me they just sound like whistling." You tell him. There's a pause through out the class and you shift confused. "What...?" You murmur to Kid.

"He just said they've been extinct since the Rebellion." He tells you. You blink and frown and shake your head.

"No. No... They're still here, they just don't trust people anymore, that's why no one can find them, they don't want to be found." You clarify in amusement. Smoker raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"Well then, you learn something new everyday." He rumbles. You smile a bit though you could feel some annoyed stares on you. Zoro nudges you with a smirk.

"Look at you, all mysterious." He breathes. You blush slightly and giggle quietly.

"I'm glad someone seems to think so.."